• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So just curious, did anyone find this mysterious 135min cut scheduled for last Aug 23???

I asked at my local Best Buy, they didn't know anything about it.

It seems highly unlikely to me any sort of new cut would be released without any hype from the WB.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope. On Amazon, all formats of the movie I can find say 135 minutes (which is obviously incorrect), but we are getting new rereleases in October to promote Aquaman, so I guess there is a chance?

I don't know how much of Snyder's initial workprint was finished. Some sources say 90% (probably not true), but other sources say half finished. My best bet is, if they release anything at all, it'll be cut character moments with little VFX work, or best case scenario, extended fight scenes.

But I don't think they'll release anything ground-breaking, if at all.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ True.

Also, Whedon stated he had to cut around 30 minutes too.  So if there is new material, it could be Whedon shot stuff.

Interesting thing about the Amazon listing, while the format says 135 minutes, the posted back cover art says 120.

This could be something as simple as an Amazon typo regarding a general re-release.  Or it could be a Machiavellian plot by Warner executives... Bwah ha ha ha!  :p

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
^ True.

Also, Whedon stated he had to cut around 30 minutes too.  So if there is new material, it could be Whedon shot stuff.

Interesting thing about the Amazon listing, while the format says 135 minutes, the posted back cover art says 120.

Yeah, that's the oddest part, surely a typo would have been fixed by now. WB, if they're aware of the typo, know how it would look. They want to move on from Snyder, so you'd think they'd correct it.

But honestly, I'd take the Whedon stuff too. Anything is better than nothing.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
TinyBreadMouse said:
Anything is better than nothing.

Counterpoint: Suicide Squad

Hey, if they announced they were releasing extra Captain Boomerang, Katana, and Batman scenes, I'd take them. But nothing else, I've had enough Margot Robbie and Will Smith for a lifetime.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keep in mind what happened regarding the 2017 Blu-ray re-release of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. Early information gleaned from Sony's Japanese website showed that it supposedly contained an alternate cut of "Spider-Man 3" called "Spider-Man 3.1". Fans hoped that this was a release of the long-anticipated extended cut of the movie that had been shown prior to its theatrical release, but many were skeptical that it was really included on the disc. For months, no new information came out. Sony refused to release much new information regarding what was and wasn't on the new set. 

Information that there was allegedly a version of the movie called "Spider-Man 3: Editor's Cut", which was apparently two minutes shorter than the theatrical cut, came out without any comment by Sony, but with no information about it beyond that. Contacting Sony by email was fruitless, resulting in no new information. Fans anxiously awaited Sony's official announcement about what was included in the set, but that announcement never came. When the Blu-ray set was released in stores, fans finally found out that "Spider-Man 3: Editor's Cut" was indeed real, was included on the set, and did feature some new footage, but was not the long-awaited extended "Spider-Man 3.1" cut.

Now, Warner Brothers is not Sony. But there is precedent for a new cut of a movie being released on Blu-ray and the studio releasing it refusing to release any meaningful information about said new cut.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TinyBreadMouse said:
Hey, if they announced they were releasing extra Captain Boomerang, Katana, and Batman scenes, I'd take them. But nothing else, I've had enough Margot Robbie and Will Smith for a lifetime.

It's really amazing that Captain Boomerang was one of the only performances that actually worked :/

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
Now, Warner Brothers is not Sony. But there is precedent for a new cut of a movie being released on Blu-ray and the studio releasing it refusing to release any meaningful information about said new cut.

Great points.

Damn.  Now you have raised my hopes again!!!   :p :D :pLOL

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not too surprising, considering the disarray over tone and direction (or lack of) by Warner executives for the DC Universe franchise.

Too bad.  I thought with JL, Cavill finally got the character right.  

Though the article got one point wrong, claiming Cavill's Superman could not appear in a Supergirl movie because his character would be a baby at the time.  Yes, technically Supergirl is older than Superman (in current continuity, though in the Silver Age her backstory is different), but she was trapped in suspended animation for decades and arrived on Earth years after Kal-el, where is a grown adult and already Superman.

Maybe Warner should hand the reins over to Berlanti and company and move the Arrowverse to the Big Screen.  :D

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It hasn't even been 2 years since Batman v Superman and they've lost both Batman and Superman...

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Not too surprising, considering the disarray over tone and direction (or lack of) by Warner executives for the DC Universe franchise.

Too bad.  I thought with JL, Cavill finally got the character right.  

Maybe Warner should hand the reins over to Berlanti and company and move the Arrowverse to the Big Screen.  :D

I would be fine with that if it only meant bringing in the actors and not the writers.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
crazy idea Hollywood, but how about not recasting the same character every few years.
Batman was done By Adam west and it was at least 1989 before Michael Keaton, then wasnt till 2005 for Batman Begins
then 2016 before Ben Affleck, i dont count the Clooney and Kilmer portrayals.
my idea if it could be done, film Batman like the movie Boyhood with the same actors every10 years.
ambitious project but at least there would be consistency.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

And just when I was starting to like him. "Justice League" is the movie that finally convinced me that he was capable of being a good Superman. I was actually looking forward to seeing his next appearance as Superman.

Someone in the comments section mentioned that Hollywood Reporter's anonymous sources have been wrong before (apparently, they once claimed that James Gunn would be re-hired), so maybe it's not true. But I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

TinyBreadMouse said:
I would be fine with that if it only meant bringing in the actors and not the writers.

Very true. The writing in Berlanti's shows (even non-superhero ones like "Blindspot") always devolves into soap opera-level dreck sooner or later (usually sooner), and is plagued with an overabundance of the worst kind of schmaltz (and this is coming from a Spielberg fan).

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
Very true. The writing in Berlanti's shows (even non-superhero ones like "Blindspot") always devolves into soap opera-level dreck sooner or later (usually sooner), and is plagued with an overabundance of the worst kind of schmaltz (and this is coming from a Spielberg fan).

Character 1: *Explains basic scientific concept*

Character 2: SPEAK ENGLISH

Character 1: *Pulls out see-through whiteboard*

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
hbenthow said:

Character 1: *Explains basic scientific concept*

Character 2: SPEAK ENGLISH

Character 1: *Pulls out see-through whiteboard*

That hurt to read

Top Bottom