• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
This trailer was TERRIBLE!  I thought I was watching cutscenes from a video game.  Too much reliance on CGI and iconic shots with probably 0% substance behind it.  Why is it that the CW shows and crossover get more right than these multi-million dollar movies?   :huh:

Because the CW has a severely tight budget and thus need to focus on the quality of writing in order to garner a fanbase rather than the novelty of being "filmic?"  :D

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree, the trailer was terrible.  It was more of an action teaser than a real trailer.  If the Comic-Con footage was amazing (in my opinion) this just dragge it way down.  We will wait and see, but for now, I am less hyped than I was before this second trailer dropped.

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:

Absolute Gold! I actually felt so pumped by the end because of how angry Warner Bros has been making me lately with the DCEU, LOL

MkatKevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So many people have been going on about how good this trailer was.

Having just seen it, I'm not sure we watched the same trailer. This looks like utter dog crap.

Is nobody going to talk about how this Batman, who in the previous film we've seen murdering people indiscriminately is now a wise cracking jokester?

The whole "Batman's superpower=rich" joke has been around since his inception. 80 years this planet has had Batman, and of all the times to hear this joke it's from Snyder's Prison Rape Victim.

It's impressive how bad WB and DC are doing with their cinematic universe. They seem to be learning their lessons, but none of the ones they needed to take. Of all the problems the DCEU had, lack of witty banter wasn't one of them.

This movie is going to be terrible and I can wait for the months of DC fanboys rabidly defending it so they can validate their obsessions with cartoon characters.

ArbyWorks

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

33456218682_f750783732_c.jpg

Gotta admit, that shot of Batman is way cool but things being superficially "cool" is always Snyder's problem. Does he have to drag one of my favourite tracks, by one of my favourite bands into this ;) .

Ultra late reply but I think that Batman shot gave me what I needed for something. I'm going to use the hell out of it.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very, very sad to hear.  My dearest thoughts go to the Snyder family and their beloved daughter.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very tragic news.  Good for Zack for recognizing he needs more time for himself and his family and is stepping away and not pushing forward in hopes of it being cathartic.  I hope he and his family take the time they need to heal and not be pestered by internet trolls.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Danny Elfman has been hired to score "Justice League". Whether he will be composing a whole new score or just supplementing what Junkie XL had already composed before his departure appears to be uncertain at this point.

'Justice League': Danny Elfman to Compose Score (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

And just for fun, here's the "Justice League" trailer scored with some of Danny Elfman's music from "Batman".

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New comic-con trailer dropped.

My favorite part is at 2:47 when Batfleck says "Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people, he made them see the best parts of themselves." NOTHING in the first DCEU movies have given the impression that Superman was that kind of symbol.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, how bad do these last two Justice League trailers look.  They really do look like CGI fests all the way up.  More like videogames.  All I can really say is they are only trailers, after all.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Quick make it look a Wonder Woman sequel, it's the only one people liked!" 

:D

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
My favorite part is at 2:47 when Batfleck says "Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people, he made them see the best parts of themselves." NOTHING in the first DCEU movies have given the impression that Superman was that kind of symbol.

Yeah, that made me chuckle.  This almost feels like a sequel to a different movie.  If they throw in a line about Batman having never killed anyone, and I might actually watch it.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Yeah, that made me chuckle.  This almost feels like a sequel to a different movie.  If they throw in a line about Batman having never killed anyone, and I might actually watch it.

Or this line is in reference to just the League and how Superman's actions inspired them, i.e., Superman saving lives inspired Flash to use his speed for good, or seeing Superman's bravery on the oil rig was what caused Aquaman to send the whale to save his life.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't understand Snyder's insistence on these color grades. These last two movies have looked horribly artificial. Also, it seems as though all the Justice League needs to do is light up the sky 24hrs a day as it appears that bad guys only attack at night. Like BvS, I'll pass.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t mean to lower the hype for today’s big release (Thanks and Congratulations, Adywan) but I had this thought crawling in my head following latest rumours: do you guys think Warner Brothers will release a “Zack Snyder Cut” of Justice League?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel very bad for Zach Synder. I agree that he was right to step down and take the time for himself and his family to emotionally heal.

I think that Joss Whedon is an excellent choice to bring this project to the finish line, although the reasons for him having to step in are very sad indeed.

MoS wasn't my cup of tea, and up until now, I haven't seen B v S because even the trailers didn't look appealing. But the new trailer for "Justice League" looks solid, so I'll probably watch this (and definitely see "Wonder Woman" and maybe even B v S just to follow the series).

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should watch BvS just to lead into Justice League, and I really, really recommend you watch Wonder Woman as it probably is (at least in my opinion) the best superhero film of the last 5 years with X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Top Bottom