If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Justice League
Cavill is done

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...up-1142306
(09-12-2018, 09:40 AM)Zarius Wrote: Cavill is done

I'm excited to see who would follow in his footsteps.
---
"The best canon is your bookshelf, what you think is good enough to own." - Unknown Internet Stranger
Not too surprising, considering the disarray over tone and direction (or lack of) by Warner executives for the DC Universe franchise.

Too bad.  I thought with JL, Cavill finally got the character right.  

Though the article got one point wrong, claiming Cavill's Superman could not appear in a Supergirl movie because his character would be a baby at the time.  Yes, technically Supergirl is older than Superman (in current continuity, though in the Silver Age her backstory is different), but she was trapped in suspended animation for decades and arrived on Earth years after Kal-el, where is a grown adult and already Superman.

Maybe Warner should hand the reins over to Berlanti and company and move the Arrowverse to the Big Screen.  Big Grin
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
It hasn't even been 2 years since Batman v Superman and they've lost both Batman and Superman...
(09-12-2018, 09:48 AM)bionicbob Wrote: Not too surprising, considering the disarray over tone and direction (or lack of) by Warner executives for the DC Universe franchise.

Too bad.  I thought with JL, Cavill finally got the character right.  

Maybe Warner should hand the reins over to Berlanti and company and move the Arrowverse to the Big Screen.  Big Grin

I would be fine with that if it only meant bringing in the actors and not the writers.
---
"The best canon is your bookshelf, what you think is good enough to own." - Unknown Internet Stranger
crazy idea Hollywood, but how about not recasting the same character every few years.
Batman was done By Adam west and it was at least 1989 before Michael Keaton, then wasnt till 2005 for Batman Begins
then 2016 before Ben Affleck, i dont count the Clooney and Kilmer portrayals.
my idea if it could be done, film Batman like the movie Boyhood with the same actors every10 years.
ambitious project but at least there would be consistency.
(09-12-2018, 09:40 AM)Zarius Wrote: Cavill is done

And just when I was starting to like him. "Justice League" is the movie that finally convinced me that he was capable of being a good Superman. I was actually looking forward to seeing his next appearance as Superman.

Someone in the comments section mentioned that Hollywood Reporter's anonymous sources have been wrong before (apparently, they once claimed that James Gunn would be re-hired), so maybe it's not true. But I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

(09-12-2018, 09:52 AM)TinyBreadMouse Wrote: I would be fine with that if it only meant bringing in the actors and not the writers.

Very true. The writing in Berlanti's shows (even non-superhero ones like "Blindspot") always devolves into soap opera-level dreck sooner or later (usually sooner), and is plagued with an overabundance of the worst kind of schmaltz (and this is coming from a Spielberg fan).
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
(09-12-2018, 10:18 AM)hbenthow Wrote: Very true. The writing in Berlanti's shows (even non-superhero ones like "Blindspot") always devolves into soap opera-level dreck sooner or later (usually sooner), and is plagued with an overabundance of the worst kind of schmaltz (and this is coming from a Spielberg fan).

Character 1: *Explains basic scientific concept*

Character 2: SPEAK ENGLISH

Character 1: *Pulls out see-through whiteboard*
(09-12-2018, 10:21 AM)Zamros Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 10:18 AM)hbenthow Wrote: Very true. The writing in Berlanti's shows (even non-superhero ones like "Blindspot") always devolves into soap opera-level dreck sooner or later (usually sooner), and is plagued with an overabundance of the worst kind of schmaltz (and this is coming from a Spielberg fan).

Character 1: *Explains basic scientific concept*

Character 2: SPEAK ENGLISH

Character 1: *Pulls out see-through whiteboard*

That hurt to read
---
https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/status/...9261808640

Perhaps THR jumped the gun. Expected from shitty amateur sites like BatmanNews, but THR? If Cavill's departure isn't true then that's some serious loss of brownie points for THR.
---