If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

We take our anti-piracy policy seriously
(07-14-2016, 08:08 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 08:03 AM)Zarius Wrote: Will his edits be ultimately removed from the IFDB? I don't see the point in promoting a pirate

They will stay. This has always been our policy. Once an editor releases their work to the internet, it will get indexed at IFDb if it meets our quality requirements. We don't consider this promotion, and we won't be doing any advertising for the edit. IFDb will continue to function as its name suggests: a database of fanedits.

Perhaps with a disclaimer? If he's still out there selling and we have him listed... could be seen to condone? Don't know, just something to consider for you admins.
(07-14-2016, 08:44 AM)dangermouse Wrote: Perhaps with a disclaimer? If he's still out there selling and we have him listed... could be seen to condone? Don't know, just something to consider for you admins.

I'm not an admin, but I think that's not a bad idea. Reinforce the policy and say...err... something.
I am in the process of reuploading all of my current edits, so please bear with me as I get everything in order.
Fan Edits by Aztek463 via the IFDB
(07-14-2016, 08:35 AM)Zarius Wrote: Right, and his last edit, which was approved, will still go up then?

We're discussing it now.
Wow, didn't see that coming. I agree he was skilled. We didn't see eye to eye on a narrative level, but his editing was very good. I agree with aztek that some sort of disclaimer might be a good idea. Have no idea what it should say though. "Unauthorized Reseller" or something like that?
Seems his BVS edit "won't be for sale", he also wrote on Facebook "I respect the copyright holders"

Uh-huh. Rolleyes
Sad news, this is.
Completed: 
Raiders of the Lost Skull | Where the Wild Things Are: The Wild Rumpus Edition
Pulp Empire | The Dark Knight Saga Recut - Part I | Part II | Part III

Next Up:
Hannibal: The Ripper's Lament
(07-18-2016, 01:55 AM)Zarius Wrote: Seems his BVS edit "won't be for sale", he also wrote on Facebook "I respect the copyright holders"

Uh-huh. Rolleyes

Had to go through his website to find his facebook. So weird. His website doesn't seem to hint toward nor mention anything of fanediting at all. What is that website for any way? Is he, perhaps unbeknownst to his peers, using the facebook  channel to promote his own edits?
Yeah, the website seems concerned with promoting some kind of video hardware and some other things. There is a "fanedit" category on the site, and but when I clicked it, it just went to some promotional material that had nothing to do with the edits, nor did it list them.
He's reconfigured his website some (including removing the FE logo) but this still remains:

Quote:Limited Offer:
Avid4D Recut HDD Bundle

Get Avid4D with a 1Tb USB Hard Drive bundled with a retail physical DVD or blu-ray. The movie will be pre-loaded into your media library, in addition to an Avid4D Edited Recut version of the movie you select from the Avid4D catalog for no extra charge.

Regardless, any changes he's made are irrelevant at this point.  We have a zero tolerance policy with regards to selling fanedits.  That ship has already sailed.
It seems he's one of the people that bug the Kodi team. Kodi (XMBC) has been getting a bad rep because of people putting together this kind of hardware and preloading lots of pirated movies.