• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Centipede:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Centipede:

It was great to revisit the first season of AoS in this new way. I was impressed by just how expertly DSM created a feature from the materials he had to work with -- it looks and sounds great, and the pieces are tightly interwoven to really flow like a feature film (or at the very least, a really good tv movie). Using the throughline of Mike Peterson's journey to carry Skye's introduction and Coulson's mystery was wise and works wonders to keep the story together. I particularly like the way the team members' introductions are handled in this version -- much more organically that the original pilot, IMO. Well done.

From a narrative stance, I do wish we'd had a montage or "___months later" (perhaps repurposing a climax from an episode not used here or in later planned fanedits?) to show the passage of time and growth of the team indicated by Skye's comments to her hacker buddy, and I'll agree with other commenters that Coulson's rejected phonecall feels abrupt. Part of me wishes that there'd been some way to work in at least one more "Tahiti... it's a magical place" somewhere, to tie in its use at the beginning with its use at the end, making it more clear that it's a Pavlovian response.

Those nitpicks aside, again, my compliments to DMS, and I look forward to seeing what comes next!

http://ifdb.fanedit.org/agents-of-shield-centipede/discussions/8981/

Top Bottom