• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Faneditor gets Message From Scorsese

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very noss of scorsese to respond; seems as though he got a genuine kick out of it.

i enjoyed the video. thought the editor did a great job of pulling together a lot of thematic and/or visual parallels. i would have aimed to crop the black bars that were in some scenes and not others, and wouldn't have capitalized a seemingly random word at the end. still, noss work.

thanks for posting, jswert1thru6.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a cool story for sure, but the thread title is misleading. In my opinion the editors making supercut videos aren't necessarily faneditors.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
This is a cool story for sure, but the thread title is misleading. In my opinion the editors making supercut videos aren't necessarily faneditors.

I'm glad you added "in my opinion" because I wasn't aware there was an agreed upon definition for a "faneditor."

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
a faneditor could be defined as anyone who takes previous existing pieces of film to create and tell a new story.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
a faneditor could be defined as anyone who takes previous existing pieces of film to create and tell a new story.

"could be"

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with you, @"jswert123456", a faneditor I believe to be anyone who manages to tell a different story using one or more pieces of art, using different sources and resources, ultimately making a new piece of art.

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Faneditor or not, the fact that Scorsese even gave the video any recognition at all. With this and the other fanedit getting an official release, I am very excited to see what becomes of us.

Top Bottom