• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great interview! It's nice to get some insight into the thoughts of the editors here.

I also can't notice the difference in colors. If there's a direct side-by-side comparison, I can see it, but I can't pick it out on my own. I know a guy who was annoyed with the 2011 Muppets movie because it wasn't colored the same as the films from the '70s and '80s, and all I could wonder was how anyone would even notice that!

I'm surprised that some people cry more as they get older. There's nothing wrong with that; it's just the opposite way I watch(ed) movies. When I was younger, every movie was a life event that happened to me personally, as far as I was concerned, so I cried for anything and everything. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. (You'll also understand why I watched almost no horror movies during this period of my life.)

Now even if I want to get lost in a movie, I know too much about the filmmaking process to shut off my brain. I can see all the strings that are being pulled, and make guesses as to how and why those particular strings were pulled. "Oh, this movie is attempting to follow the Hero's Journey." "Oh, this movie is making a political metaphor." Etc., etc. (That said, Inside Out was still pretty powerful.)

Anyway, this was a great read. I look forward to Part 2!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great discussion!

i also prefer calling severian "severius." sounds like the name of a roman emperor NTBFW*.

*not to be fucked with

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Per that photo on the front page, one of you is a lot older than I thought.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you so much for the kind words!

ssj said:
Per that photo on the front page, one of you is a lot older than I thought.

Well, you're not the star of Oldboy so I guess hearts are broken all around, my friend.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
47% of FE members look precisely like their avatars. It's true.

Shame on the rest.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I am the 47%

Playing-Guitar-And-Sing-Song-Funny-Bird.png

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
actually I'm rubbish at guitar. But I do play drums.

maxresdefault.jpg

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
agree with bezoar and the corazonninja:

fanediting is a practical form of film criticism. the cinematic "what ifs" become our puzzles to solve, if we're so inclined.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
But then somebody comments on some color correction clip of something that the blacks are crushed, your mids are a little magenta and the gamma, why don’t you call this ‘Attack of the Gamma’ lol, and I feel like such an idiot. I don’t understand any of it.

This is me to a tee. But I have some degree of red-green color blindness/deficiency. (I suck at the Ishihara Test)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
This is me to a tee. But I have some degree of red-green color blindness/deficiency. (I suck at the Ishihara Test)

Thanks for reading (all of you guys). If you don't mind my asking, how bad is your red-green color blindness? Do you have to tell traffic lights by their position or are the colors distinguishable?

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to give a special thanks to @"thecuddlyninja" for posting this.  We had a very long discussion and it was to his credit that he went back and made something intelligible out of it.  The fact that this is just part 1 goes to show how much work he's done, which I'm sure wasn't is more work than he'll ever get credit for.  Nonetheless, here's a "here, here" for the man.  Enjoyed it!

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
I'd like to give a special thanks to @"thecuddlyninja" for posting this.  We had a very long discussion and it was to his credit that he went back and made something intelligible out of it.  The fact that this is just part 1 goes to show how much work he's done, which I'm sure wasn't is more work than he'll ever get credit for.  Nonetheless, here's a "here, here" for the man.  Enjoyed it!

Thanks, man. But if people know how much work went into editing it, they won't think we're both just clever, concise people. Shhhhhhhhhhh.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Gatos said:

Thanks for reading (all of you guys). If you don't mind my asking, how bad is your red-green color blindness? Do you have to tell traffic lights by their position or are the colors distinguishable?

The colors are distinguishable to me. But like I said, that eye test where you're supposed to see a number in a circle:

plate%202%2042.jpg

What number do you see?

You should see a

I don't see anything.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos is confirmed as Mr. Pitt.

mr-pitt-the-pledge-drive-seinfeld-3d-art.jpg

"I can't see it Elaine!"

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
thecuddlyninja said:
Gatos said:

The colors are distinguishable to me. But like I said, that eye test where you're supposed to see a number in a circle:

plate%202%2042.jpg

What number do you see?

You should see a

I don't see anything.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I only see the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Definitely not a hijack when you're just answering my question. :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
other optical illusions: the red text on this site.

the text seems higher than the surrounding text (by about a pixel), but when you use another item on the desktop as your ruler/level and bring it just under the line of text, you find there's no upward shift of the red letters.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
other optical illusions: the red text on this site.

the text seems higher than the surrounding text (by about a pixel), but when you use another item on the desktop as your ruler/level and bring it just under the line of text, you find there's no upward shift of the red letters.

Yup.  Red appears "closer" and blue appears further "away."  This is why 3d is composed of these two colors since it creates the largest amount of depth.

Top Bottom