• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain America Is Now A...(spoilers)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...Nazi. 

Yep.

Revealed in the launch issue of Steve Rogers: Captain America#1. Steve has been a HYDRA agent since childhood, the issue ends with him tossing Jack Flag out of a plane before saying saying "Hail Hydra"

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
21acfee530156e03a9f0fde0a149088c.jpg

Hey, thanks for not using spoiler tags and ruining it for me!

Was there a point in posting that? You didn't even comment or offer an opinion on it. You merely stated that it happened.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw this on Screenrant yesterday. Any reason there's a thread for it here?

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I saw this on Screenrant yesterday. Any reason there's a thread for it here?

it is off topic...

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I thought we had a catch-all "Marvel Comics" thread. I could be mistaken. If we don't have it, we probably should just to keep small threads like this from becoming too numerous. I don't foresee this thread producing a lot of conversation about the topic.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well this sounds very silly indeed.

What next? Wonder Woman isn't really a woman shocker! Iron Man's suit is really made out of tin exposé! Prof-X can't really read people's minds, he was just making some lucky guesses.

What is the point of "revealing" a character is the opposite of the character?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reminds me of these words of wisdom...

Marvel_zpsnskxw0bx.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cuddly, I don't really have a strong opinion on it at the time, which is why I did'nt say anything. I've got opinions now that I've read the whole thing.

Sorry I did'nt use spoiler tags.

Here's what I wrote on Facebook in regards to it:

[font=Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It also makes Carol Danver’s side in Civil War II look in the wrong right off the cuff because it’s her side of the fence that Steve sits on, so they’ve sort of superficially made Tony’s side the one to take, you’re not given a choice this time, you either root for the man who waits for the future to arrive, or you root for a Nazi who wants to alter our fate. There’s no morally grey area in the argument anymore. Does’nt even matter if no character is yet aware of Steve’s background, unless the revelation that he is a Nazi is what ultimately ends the war when the series reaches it’s conclusion[/font]

[font=Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Marvel are going all out to guarantee you will be on team Tony’s side in Civil War this time, seeing as they failed to make his side look remotely appealing in the original when the plan was always to have had him be in the right as opposed to Steve.[/font]

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cuddly, I don't really have a strong opinion on it at the time, which is why I did'nt say anything. I've got opinions now that I've read the whole thing.

Sorry I did'nt use spoiler tags.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm usually not the paranoid type, but do you really want to link your personal facebook account in the open off-topic section?

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
...Nazi. 

Yep.

Revealed in the launch issue of Steve Rogers: Captain America#1. Steve has been a HYDRA agent since childhood, the issue ends with him tossing Jack Flag out of a plane before saying saying "Hail Hydra"

These are links to images from the Sam Wilson Captain America:

And this a link that cuts to the deeper heart of the matter:

I don't read comics, but I really feel like the modern comic audience is far too reactionary. Remember when the Superior Spider-Man was the worst thing ever?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Superior was a worse story than OMD in my opinion. :p

Top Bottom