• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vegas Pro issues and crashes

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I keep getting a "Vegas Stopped Working" error when I attempt to render my fanedit. The only time I've got it to work successfully was when I accidentally rendered at the wrong framerate, 29 frames per second, but that looks weird and makes all of the cuts have a random frames from other scenes.

HELP!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm experiencing the same thing with HD edits. Extremely frustrating. I'm thinking of switching to another editor because of this. I'll miss the surround track editing though...

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spence said:
I keep getting a "Vegas Stopped Working" error when I attempt to render my fanedit. The only time I've got it to work successfully was when I accidentally rendered at the wrong framerate, 29 frames per second, but that looks weird and makes all of the cuts have a random frames from other scenes.

HELP!

You should stop getting these errors if you convert all your files to Lagarith before starting in Vegas.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jerick said:
spence said:

HELP!

You should stop getting these errors if you convert all your files to Lagarith before starting in Vegas.

Think I can make a lagarith and replace the .ts that I'm editing with now without screwing everything up?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spence said:
jerick said:
spence said:

HELP!

Think I can make a lagarith and replace the .ts that I'm editing with now without screwing everything up?

yes, as long as the frame rate and duration are the same, there will be no problems.

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spence said:
jerick said:
spence said:

HELP!

Vegas allows for easy replacement of files, let me know if you need additional help.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now I'm having an issue getting it converted. I'm following ThrowgnCpr's guide and I'm making my avisynth script, but I get an error that the format is not supported every time. I've tried it as both an mkv and an m2ts file. Anybody know a solution?

EDIT: Think I got it. Played with some codecs and uninstalled/installed them again and everything seems to be working. It's running through VirtualDub now. Hopefully this is the end of my woes!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IIRC correctly I had a similar problem when rendering once. Vegas will let you edit a LagAVI file in whatever the heck pixel-aspect-ratio you want but bugs out when you go to render it at a pixel-aspect-ratio that isn't divisible by 4 (or 16 or something).

e.g. 1280x528 or 1280x544 = fine / 1280x533 = render crash

This probably has nothing to do with your error but I mention it just in case.

I suggest posting some screen shots of your source settings, project settings, and render settings. It'll probably be easier to help that way.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The problem I'm having now is converting it to a lagAVI. I was using the .ts file, which I've never had an issue with before. If I can get it in that format I have a feeling it'll solve it.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
spence said:
The problem I'm having now is converting it to a lagAVI. I was using the .ts file, which I've never had an issue with before. If I can get it in that format I have a feeling it'll solve it.

*.ts? How and why? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just interested.

Have you tried dropping it into tsmuxer and demuxing?

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's what I rip the video file as from the blu ray. Usually works fine and doesn't require a 200gb file, but after all this I'll just go with the AVI, size be damned.

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You want to convert it to MKV using MKVToolnix, then use meGUI's file indexer, then you can use the avisynth script to convert to Lags AVI

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spence, do you have an intel processor?  Have you tried disabling hyperthreading in your bios?  In my experience, doing so increases rendering stability - and indeed, most stuff in general crashes less frequently.  Be sure to back up anything important before doing this, just in case - I take no responsibility for any problems that may arise from tinkering with this.  But it's harmless as far as I've experienced it.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I have Sony Vegas pro 12 and at the moment it's crashing every time I render on this specific project. I've tried it three times and each time it gets to 12% and then opens up a window saying "Sony Vegas has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I do get this window every now and again while using Sony Vegas in general, but it's always seemed quite random and I've assumed it's to do with my computer being old. I've just gotten used to frequently saving the project. 

I've been rendering Gill man with the same codec and haven't had any trouble, so I don't know what's going on.

I'm rendering with Lagerith AVI codec and GPU acceleration is off.

Anyone able to help?

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had another go and it made it to 17%. This the exact message:

Screenshot_2017_12_14_11_18_37.png

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Getting such a headache over this. Nearly tried everything under the sun. Just tried a prerender, but now the video is out of sync.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is the aspect-ratio of the project? Lagarith can only use multiples of 16, or 4 (something like that). So 1920x1080 is fine but 1920x1081 won't render.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
What is the aspect-ratio of the project? Lagarith can only use multiples of 16, or 4 (something like that). So 1920x1080 is fine but 1920x1081 won't render.

720x389

Or 1.85:1

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you are outputting to Lagarith, try rendering to 720x480. When you do your final encode in MeGUI or Handbrake, or whatever you are using to convert it to your distribution format, you can do the cropping to 720x389 there.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
If you are outputting to Lagarith, try rendering to 720x480. When you do your final encode in MeGUI or Handbrake, or whatever you are using to convert it to your distribution format, you can do the cropping to 720x389 there.

Good point! I'll try that :)

Top Bottom