• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Faneditor Interview: Spence Sits Down with the Cuddly Ninja

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spence if you want your original Ewokless edit available I can see if I still have it.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is awesome. a faneditor interviewing a faneditor—so glad you guys are doing this. thanks, cortisone ninja & spence.

i have to say, when outside articles about fanediting come out, i like that the art form is getting exposure. . . but i also feel these all-too-infrequent articles often miss an insider's perspective—unless they were written by @"Flixcapacitor"!

with fanedit.org now producing its own pieces, fanediting regulars and those new to the art can read something interesting, an article that "gets it."

thanks to all involved. hope to see/read more of these!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice interview.
Hey, Spence, about the Obi-Wan "shithole" line in TWOTS: I shamely stole the line from a youtube video.
it was quite popular back in the day but I don't find it back right now.
But some others used it:

EDIT:
okay, got it back:

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, guys. It was really fun to do with Spence. He had some really great insights. I'm going to try to make this a regular thing. There's already another one in the can but transcribing takes time. It may end up being a two-parter since it ran about 4.5 hours!

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really good write up.  It makes sense for this kind of thing to originate here.  Normally we'd hope that Gawker or some shit would send someone out with a borderline understanding of fan editing to generate something like this.  Without question, this is much better than what they would come up with.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was a really interesting read, I hope this can be a reasonably regular thing - the relaxed conversation is a great way to get a feel of an editor's approach without them feeling they have to get stuck into technical dissection.

Keep up the good work!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was a fun way to do this sort of thing. I think the conversational nature of if really helps. 

Glad I could be involved!

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
that was a nice read through.  nice work . . . . though i'm not sure how much "work" was involved.  it seemed pretty fun.

Top Bottom