• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Featured Fanedit In-The-Works: L8wrtr's 'Son of Jorel' in HD

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you for the update, nacho jalapeno vulcan! my favorite supes movie ever (theatrical or fanedit) has been L8wrtr's. . . and now it's going to be betterer. huzzah.

Ewoks-Celebrating-51887.gif

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
thank you for the update, nacho jalapeno vulcan! my favorite supes movie ever (theatrical or fanedit) has been L8wrtr's. . . and now it's going to be betterer. huzzah.

Ewoks-Celebrating-51887.gif

Many t'anks. 

I'm really excited about this project, and now that the news is official I'll probably start up a new ITW thread because as the article notes, there are two versions in the works, the original version just in HD, and then a modification that seeks to get Lex in earlier so his reveal isn't so shocking. In addition, I hope to massage the pacing a little. Right now it's all very loose and I have several approaches I'm trying out to see which one I like most, some include full bore inclusion of California falling into the ocean, some are more just having Lex watch from the shadows. 

Whatever solution I use will require some extensive After Effects work so while I'd like to say 'few weeks' this will probably linger a while. First I need to get the right cut, then do the effects work.

But regardless if which direction, it's Up Up and Away time!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wouldn't it be funny if you really hadn't started working on this, but njvc's article was written to nudge you?
:D

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, as it turns out he was actually working on it, but I would have published that article regardless ;)

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I ask, is the version with more Lex essentially just to placate people or do you agree with the criticism yourself? Do you see one or the other as your definitive version? I'm asking because I never saw your original edit and I'm trying to decide which one to watch when this is eventually released  :)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A while (more than a while, I know) away, and one of my favorite fanedits ever is getting a facelift? Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it!

It's just... Super! *nudge-nudge*

Top Bottom