• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

6.1 Audio: Help? - Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ripped The Phantom Menace Blu-Ray with its audio set as 6.1 but for some reason Adobe Premiere Pro doesn't import the file with audio... Can someone help? Is this my mistake or is this normal and should I just re-rip it with 5.1 instead?

Ekran%20Alnts_zpsrmrnb8zm.png~original

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you sure the audio ripped?

To ease the process a bit, quite a few people would recommend separating the audio into individual streams (center, front left and right, rear left and right, rear, and sub-woofer) so you can better manipulate the audio. It takes a bit more time and disk space, but it is very much worth it at the end of it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
Are you sure the audio ripped?

To ease the process a bit, quite a few people would recommend separating the audio into individual streams (center, front left and right, rear left and right, rear, and sub-woofer) so you can better manipulate the audio. It takes a bit more time and disk space, but it is very much worth it at the end of it.

Yes, the audio did rip, when I start the movie the audio plays normally.

But your suggestion is great, I'll try that.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh. That's odd. I don't have much experience with Priemere, but the individual audio streams should be just fine. :)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
Huh. That's odd. I don't have much experience with Priemere, but the individual audio streams should be just fine. :)

How would I be able to place the individual streams to the proper places so it can export fine just like the official sound system? I always edited the audio with one stream so I don't know how to set the individual streams correctly in the project file.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Is this my mistake or is this normal and should I just re-rip it with 5.1 instead?

I've no idea if you can edit 6.1 in Premiere, but if you do decide to downmix to 5.1, you can use eac3to.

Code:
eac3to input output -down6

If you use the HdBrStreamExtractor GUI, just add -down6 to the + Options box.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Aztek463 said:

How would I be able to place the individual streams to the proper places so it can export fine just like the official sound system? I always edited the audio with one stream so I don't know how to set the individual streams correctly in the project file.
Again, I've barely used Premier so my experience is based in Vegas.

Bearing that in mind, check to see if there's a way to set the sound pan (where the sound comes from) for each track, then export it as 6.1 (or 5.1). There should be an option for doing that.

EDIT: And when I'm talking about audio streams, I'm referring to six (seven in your case) individual WAV files that get mixed into a single surround track.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am going to begin editing Minimal Politics Edition again very soon, and I need help. If it gets too complicated for me I just might convert the audio to 5.1

How do I seperate the 6.1 audio properly and export the individual streams into their proper place in the 6.1 audio track? And how do I know where new sound effects are supposed to be in the individual audio streams? How do I link them to the surround system? This is very complicating.

Any suggestions? Please help :)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can someone help? Does anybody know if Premiere exports 6.1 audio (and out of curiosity, 7.1 as well)? If it does, how do I set the whole audio to 6.1? How do I set each seperated track to its proper place in the surround system? Please help!

EDIT: Never mind, I seem to have solved the problem and learned how to mix the surround system. There were no replies this time, but thanks anyway.

Top Bottom