• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor - The Dark World: Hard Forged Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor - The Dark World: Hard Forged Edition:

*Minimum Spoilers*
TM2YC took a muddled mess of a film and edited it into a much better one. That's the aim of the majority of fan edits, I know, but if you take the main three MCU heroes' Phase Two films, the only well-regarded one is The Winter Soldier. Iron Man for all of it witty dialogue and funny moments, is ruined by BS character decisions and nonsensical motivations, as well as ignoring SHIELD entirely. Thor: The Dark World not only fails to balance its comedy with its drama, but opens with pointless exposition and removes all mystery from its villains. Basically, by introducing its villains before its heroes and preventing you from learning with the heroes about the villains, you're that one step further away from fully associating with the movie's protagonists. What TM2YC does with this edit is takes that burden of having forcing the audience to pay attention to the opening lesson and carry that knowledge throughout the rest of the film, you are able to discover the Aether with Jane and experience her confusion WITH her, instead of being brought out of the experience when you think to yourself "Hey, I think that's the thing from the beginning; I think I'm keeping up with this movie even though I'm not quite sure how any of this works." Instead of frustrating the viewer with giving things they half-understand, the viewer is encouraged to trust the movie to explain things eventually; and TM2YC does. The pacing is saved with this edit! The humour in the latter half of the film feels earned! Loki doesn't quip along and claim he hates his mum (which we know is a lie since his character progression relies on this connection). The weird post-credits scene in the theatrical cut has been inserted into the body of the film, where it belongs!!!

The editing is brilliant and seamless. The changes to the subtitles are well-written and a massive improvement. The ONE PROBLEM I have with this edit...is the removal of the film's final shot. Even though it gives the movie a better ending that doesn't leave the viewer with a sh**-ton of questions, it's a grand bloody shot and deserves at least some place. I mean you have a perfect space for it in the post-credits montage! Nonetheless, a great edit that elevates the hell out of previously mediocre movie.

http://ifdb.fanedit.org/thor-the-dark-world-hard-forged-edition/discussions/8923/

Back
Top Bottom