• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Matrix Revolutions Decoded, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Matrix Revolutions Decoded, The:

SPOILERS
**************************************** (edited for clarity)
I don't actually mind the original Matrix sequels. They have their moments. The philosophy gets confusing, especially in Reloaded, but for the most part they're at the very least GOOD movies. At approx. 2hrs15mins, this edit does some things right and overdoes others. In my opinion, this new ending is the **MEHEM** of fan-edit endings - a fan-made Mass Effect 3 mod that uses existing assets to invent an overly positive happy ending to satisfy those who rejected the original. This one does away with...the deaths of both Trinity and Neo? Why? I've gotta admit - I burst out laughing watching that, being reminded of that hilariously overdone Mass Effect mod. This was much better than that but still wholly unnecessary. The Trinity visions in Reloaded and the resolution of that plot were entirely cut. This gives the audience less to think about during the Architect conversation so it's easier to follow, while taking away any investment in Neo's intentions when he makes his choice. The removal of Neo's revival, Bane and the Revolutions' Merovingian section were a bit disappointing but hey, at least there's the awesome Smith battle at the end seemingly uncut for the most part. I loved this fight while watching the edit but something felt off. I really can't place what was cut but it was certainly cut down towards the end.
It's not as epic as the originals despite their flaws, but it's a great effort. I won't replace them with this cut but it was worth the watch.

There was one visual editing mistake in the final battle (a couple frames from a cut scene or something), several jumpy audio breaks throughout, and the video game rips at the beginning were noticably worse quality than the rest of the film but given the 135-minute runtime, they're no big deal.

http://ifdb.fanedit.org/matrix-revolutions-decoded-the/discussions/8916/

Top Bottom