• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BABYLON A.D.

This movie was ok. It sucked seeing it KNOWING it was butchered by FOX. I absolutely cannot wait until a FULL director's cut (2 hours), as you could tell that this movie had a lot of potential. Sure there were some typical Vin Diesel bad parts, but as a whole it was pretty enjoyable, but could have been SO MUCH MORE and even possibly a good movie.

If the director's cut came out, and then there was a fan re-edit, then... well it could be amazing!

zemoffm said:
This movie was ok. It sucked seeing it KNOWING it was butchered by FOX. I absolutely cannot wait until a FULL director's cut (2 hours), as you could tell that this movie had a lot of potential. Sure there were some typical Vin Diesel bad parts, but as a whole it was pretty enjoyable, but could have been SO MUCH MORE and even possibly a good movie.

If the director's cut came out, and then there was a fan re-edit, then... well it could be amazing!
i was thinking of re-editing this movie when the dvd came out, a directors cut seems unlikely since they pulled it out of the first directors hands in order to finish it but im hopeing the deleted scenes show up on the extras

It's a shame because I was interested in seeing this movie in theater until right before when I found it was messed up by Fox. I would like to think a DC is possible.. but in relation to what Ilubu said, from what i've heard, the director wasn't even allowed to shoot scenes the way he wanted to. So all of his actual scenes even with him involved aren't what he wanted. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong about that.

Edit: Oh, and while I was typing this I decided to check IMDB. Look what I found!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364970/alternateversions
"20th Century Fox and Studio Canal released this film in different countries separately (since it is a co-production between the two companies). However, the version released by Fox (released for example in the United States and Great Britain) runs 90 minutes whereas the Studio Canal versions runs 101 minutes (released for example in France and Germany)."

Well now I certainly know which version i'll be watching when it becomes available on DVD. :)

^Eh, scratch that. I won't be watching the 11 minute longer cut, either. This movie sounds all too similar and familar to with what happened to Alien 3. Some more info here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364970/trivia
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364970/board/flat/117086099?p=2

"Mathieu Kassovitz developed the film adaptation for five years."

Wow, that is really heart-breaking to know that after what Fox did to him. I have no respect for Fox. -_-

now why oh why did I watch this? It was a really bad movie. And it seemed to me even more bad because it actualyl could have been good, if about everything had been done differently.

boon23 said:
now why oh why did I watch this? It was a really bad movie. And it seemed to me even more bad because it actualyl could have been good, if about everything had been done differently.
I saw this movie in January. I have to agree with boon, it's a really bad movie. I have heard 2 different cuts exists, but I doubt even onf of these cuts can save the movie. I think it was a ridiculous movie.

i saw this movie last weekend... and i really didn't think it was that bad... i don't think it was a great movie by any means.... but as just an action movie, i enjoyed it overall. it definitely had it's problems... and it wasn't quite what i was expecting... i thought it was going to be a little more of a 21st century blade runner.... but that's obviously not what it is.... started out a little more mad max than blade runner haha

i didn't know about the problems with fox taking it away from the director, but thinking back on the film, that doesn't surprise me... what would he have done differently? i'll have to check out those links and see what they say.

EDIT: they cut out 70 freaking minutes???!! holy crap!! let's hope that shows up eventually.

Back
Top Bottom