• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

star wars clone war

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hope i got the title correct

how here is my very short and totally half assed review

in my personal opinion this movie has all the potental of episode 3 yet makes all the mistakes of episode one. the opening of the movie sets everything off on the wrong foot, instead of the familier story crawl, u are greeted with a spoken narative. those horrible clumsy battle droids from the first movie? guess what, they are back, just as clumbsy and annoying as ever. george lucas for some reason thinks that every new star wars movi needs to star a child and this movie does not escape his wrath, fairly early into the movie a new caractor is introduced in the form of a padawan for anakin, although this new caractor is actually quite endearing at moments, george lucas clearly could not resist the temptation to fill much of the movie with anakin and his padawans childish bickering. last but not least another new caractor xero the hunt despite being male sounds just like cow from cow and chicken.

now all the negative asside, this movie contained a fairly solid story, plently of good action and i look forward to the sequal needed to close of the story line

on a scale of 1 to 10

1 being episode 1 and 10 being episode 5

this movie gets a 5

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds like fanedit material to me. I'm off to see it this weekend.

Grievous Angel Draven

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Batman and Robin and 10 being The Crow, I'm giving this film a -15.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
good god. it is really that much worse than batman and robin :oops: :oops: :oops: i didnt think such a thing was possible.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not as bad as Batman and Robin, but it's a real groaner. I think it can be saved though.

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Grievous Angel Draven said:
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Batman and Robin and 10 being The Crow, I'm giving this film a -15.

ur just being hatefull now

Grievous Angel Draven

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, at least Batman and Robin wasn't done in "Thunderbirds" style animation and there was no "Stinky the Hutt". Way to ruin a great character, Lucash. But still, both films can be saved, and I do believe the only film fanedits can't improve is the infamous Caligula, rating at a -200 on my scale.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It has the signs of a decent film. The dialogue is a slight (only slight) improvement over the prequels and therefore I was working out all the dialogue that could go (believe me, there's PLENTY), I hated Obi-Wan's voice acting though. Battle scenes spectacular and enjoyable, but the rest of the film (the characters specifically) reek of cash-in. The Clone Wars was a completely inappropriate title regarding the plot of the film, but I suppose they couldn't call it "Son of Jabba" because it'd be a bit too blatant of a cash-in.

3/5, for god's sake someone fanedit it! :twisted:

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol "starwars: son of jabba... a ghostcut edit"

u know u want 2

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, I really don't know why this is getting bad reviews. It was good fun, and anyone expecting the holy grail of perfection from Star Wars is looking in the wrong place. Maybe I'm too much of a Star Wars fan to give an unbiased review, but I went in and got what I expected and more.

The animation was good enough, not quite up to Pixar standards, but good. The lightsaber duels weren't as elegant as they are in live action (which really, is the same in any animated film, so this was to be expected). The voice acting was decent enough, and it seemed like most of the actors from the Cartoon Network series reprised their roles. It wasn't perfect, but remember: it's Star Wars. ;)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Grievous Angel Draven said:

At first I thought that GAD was just being dramatic, but I watched this last night and was in awe throughout the whole thing. THIS MOVIE IS F*CKING TERRIBLE. George Lucas has really flipped his gourd. Wonder why Fox and Williams aren't here?, well just watch the movie and see for yourself.

The story was dumb. Seriously, aside from the fact that more clone wars material is like beating a dead horse, you could come up with any tangible story line from the era and make it be OK. Apparently George Lucas can't. The kidnapping of Jabba's son was dumb. This movie is like Disney's representation of Star Wars.

The one-liners and terrible dialog were ridiculously over the top. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but so much of the dialog here was vomit inducing.

And some of the characters.... *sigh*.... Anakin's padawan is apparently Hannah Montana. Additionally we are presented with a flamboyantly gay English-speaking Hutt who owns a disco (or rave) and wears glow-in-the-dark paint and feathers. Is this necessary? The droid army... OMG... the droid army. As if they weren't dumb enough or obnoxious enough in the prequels. Here their stupidity is driven into your head like a dull rusty nail.

This movie salvageable? I think not. Perhaps its possible to make it less terrible, but never salvageable.

For once I was ashamed to say that I am a Star Wars fan.

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lucas.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Anakin's padawan is apparently Hannah Montana. Additionally we are presented with a flamboyantly gay English-speaking Hutt who owns a disco (or rave) and wears glow-in-the-dark paint and feathers.

actually this sounds like fun. i´ll give it a try!

:smile:

is the hutt possibly singing the ´penis song´ by monthy python? that would be it!

8)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't hate it. Maybe because my expectations are always set to LOW when it comes to Star Wars since the spirit of the original was jettisoned long, long ago.
I think it can be greatly improved specially by replacing the score, tightening up the dialogue, exterminating the groaners, chop the bickering and smart-aleckiness.
Approach it more like Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone wars: action and little dialogue.
Love the fact that Christopher Lee still does Dooku.
The dumb 'bots and the Shemale Hutt? well, they're really human archetypes.
All aliens in all movies are really human archetypes. How else could we relate to them otherwise?
Yes even the Monolith.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
I didn't hate it. Maybe because my expectations are always set to LOW when it comes to Star Wars since the spirit of the original was jettisoned long, long ago.
I think it can be greatly improved specially by replacing the score, tightening up the dialogue, exterminating the groaners, chop the bickering and smart-aleckiness.
Approach it more like Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone wars: action and little dialogue.
Love the fact that Christopher Lee still does Dooku.
The dumb 'bots and the Shemale Hutt? well, they're really human archetypes.
All aliens in all movies are really human archetypes. How else could we relate to them otherwise?
Yes even the Monolith.

100% agree KBM. I was all ready to watch "the worst movie ever" and that mindset really helped soften the blow.

Aside from a few (ok a lot) of bad lines (and the whole southern belle hutt "zero" who is apparently male?) the "film" wasnt nearly as bad as I expected.

That doesnt mean it was good. It was still pretty piss poor, but for being a glorified TV pilot to the Cartoon Network series, I was moderately entertained.

Worth a rental if you are able to switch off your brain and accept that the SW we loved is dead. Otherwise pass.

Sunflight

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had forgotten about Stinky the Hutt. Gah! It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but, yeah, not great either.

Top Bottom