If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Cover Art Tutorial (video)
i just skimmed through the tutorial, but there are a bunch of things you can do. simply bumping the opacity down is something i don't do. Change compositing modes as well as selecting and erasing parts of a layer is more effective.
Thanks, Throw! Smile I do have one image, with the opacity down, which looks really good and I think I might keep. I shall do the rest as you suggest, and make this my practice in future. Cheers!
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Cross-platform Guide to Handling UHD
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
Thanks ThrowgnCpr Big Grin This has proven itself instrumental for my avatar recycled cover. finally i can do the cool stuff :grin:
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)
[Image: burns-excellent.gif]
This sucks. I made a custom grid for some menus I was making the other day, but now whenever I load a document all I can see is the custom grid. When I load the amaray templates, those handy blue lines are not visible and when I go to Show-->View all I can make visible is my custom grid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
hmm. Any luck with this?

The blue lines are "guides" and what you are referring to is a grid. I never created a grid, but I would have thought they would be exclusive. You can try resetting to the default workspace. Also, under SHOW, there is a selection called "SHOW EXTRAS OPTIONS." Make sure that guides are checked on.

FYI, this video has been viewed over 16,000 times :-)
ThrowgnCpr Wrote:FYI, this video has been viewed over 16,000 times :-)

[Image: 1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif]
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)
ThrowgnCpr Wrote:hmm. Any luck with this?

Yes; I worked it out! I accidentally changed the color setting when I made the grid, so I had to change it back so I could see the guides.

ThrowgnCpr Wrote:FYI, this video has been viewed over 16,000 times :-)

Great news! It's an excellent video. Without it, I would never have been able to make a cover.

The links are dead.
weird, all the images and downloads were hosted on FE. So either one of the admins accidentally deleted, or something was lost from the server for some weird reason. I'll notify the other admins. Thanks for the heads up. I should have all the files at home that I can reupload.