If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Cover Art Tutorial (video)
AvP Wrote:
Batman Beyond Wrote:Hello, once again.

I've been trying out your template, but I can't paste more objects out of sudden because "the scratch disks are full".

What does that mean?! Its driving me crazy...

I had this problem to a few days ago....and still havnt a clue what was wrong.

never had this problem, so I'm not exactly sure what it means.

And I am glad you guys are getting some use from this tutorial. We ALWAYS need more cover art!!! Smile
Thanks for the tutorial Thrown, am downloading it at the moment and shall take a look as soon as i have it.
That tutorial video you made is great thrown, I shall certainly have a go with it, thank you.
searcher Wrote:That tutorial video you made is great thrown, I shall certainly have a go with it, thank you.

nice. I'm looking forward to your covers Smile
update: this video has nearly 8,000 views on vimeo :eek: this is great, but I would love to see some more covers from y'all if you are watching it Wink
well, its a very helpful guide, I have linked friends to it with photoshop questions!

as for seeing more cover art... methinks it smells like time for another cover art contest Confusedmile:
Completed ---------------------
Die Hard 2: Terror Storm
Klone (Space Consecution)
True Lies: Straight Faced Edition
Up In The Air: Extended Edition

[Image: https://images.fanedit.org/images/FE%3C3...nature.png]
elbarto1 Wrote:as for seeing more cover art... methinks it smells like time for another cover art contest Confusedmile:

hehe, my life is in overdrive right now with work. I barely have time to check the forums a day every week. Though, that will soon change, and I have been thinking of the next contest. so its not that far around the corner Smile
ThrowgnCpr Wrote:update: this video has nearly 8,000 views on vimeo :eek: this is great, but I would love to see some more covers from y'all if you are watching it Wink

bumpage. newest stat on this video: nearly 13,000 views!!! How about some new covers from you faneditors!!!!
this video is THE beginners guide to cover art creation. if you want to learn how to get started working w/ photoshop THIS is the place to start!
watch. learn. create!
Confusedmile:
Completed ---------------------
Die Hard 2: Terror Storm
Klone (Space Consecution)
True Lies: Straight Faced Edition
Up In The Air: Extended Edition

[Image: https://images.fanedit.org/images/FE%3C3...nature.png]
When you guys composite images for covers, is your method something like the one outlined here?

Or is it acceptable to just put one layer over another and take the opacity down? Usually just taking the opacity down looks a little crude, but sometimes it seems to be really effective. Is there a "done"-and-"not done" convention when it comes to techniques for compositing images?
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Cross-platform Guide to Handling UHD
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.