• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Serbian Film British audience research

Attackosaur

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey folks! I'm conducting a big audience research project over at Aberystwyth University on the British audiences of A Serbian Film. As there seems to be a strong horror presence on here and a lot of in-depth discussion, I thought it'd be great to try to get some responses from the forum. It's on British audiences, so if any Brits are around and fancy having a go that'd be amazing. Cheers! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IY1HvrmiBR4taz3kxfJkijSfFRLDmfEy5jRtofD3Pdk/viewform?c=0&w=1

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm really curious what the motivation is to do a research project now concerning Brits and their take on A Serbian Film.  Is this a topical study in reference to the Serbian refugee dilemma in the EU?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd be very surprised if the responses, weren't all along the lines of "It's vile trash and I need my soul purified after watching it". Brits being humans too. However I've not seen the movie, I've only heard enough to know I never want to.

Does a complete negative response count towards your survey?

Attackosaur

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm ashamed to say I've not been following the news for a while, so the topicality wasn't intentional. That's definitely something I'll have to look into, thanks! The motivation is mostly based around ideas of how people engage with controversial films and discussions of censorship. The UK got a lot more strict on censorship in the last five years, based on some pretty ropey research, so hopefully this'll counter that a bit, too.

I've had a fair few responses back already, and they're pretty varied. Although I think that's partly as a result of most of the folks in my internet circles being horror fans, students or academics. Hopefully this'll balance out if I can get a wide enough variety of people to take part. 

Completely negative responses are totally welcome because it's not a study of Serbian Film fans, rather just audiences of it in general. I'm after people who think it's the greatest film in the world, people who think it's the worst film of all time, and even people who just don't care.

Attackosaur

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seem to be getting as many non-UK responses as UK ones to the survey, so I'm gonna roll with it. If anyone else, from anywhere at all, fancies talking about their experience with A Serbian Film, I'd love to hear it. Link as above. Cheers!

Top Bottom