• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Problems fetching metadata (Kodi/XBMC Fanedit scraper)

ascaaear

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I been trying to add some fanedits, ex. The Hobbit - The Ironfoot edition to my Kodi mediacenter. As you can see, the movie is already on IFDB. I have all the fanedits in a separate folder, so when Kodi scrape from this particular folder, its set to use the tomfin96 FanEdit scraper. Still it doesnt seem to find the correct title. When I try to manually search for the correct title in Kodi it still doesnt find it (just a bunch of other Hobbit fanedits). I try to broaden the search by using only the word "Hobbit" or "Ironfoot" - still nothing.

Does anyone have any clue what I need to do?

Hello, new in the forums.
I tried installing the addon in Kodi v17.0 and it doesn't show. I compared the files and I think they made changes to the way info is organized inside and it's not recognized anymore, I'm not a coder tho.

Any news on the development of this addon?
I've seen the developer ,tomfing96, was commenting in the Plex addon thread.
Having the IFDb seems like I nice fit for a Kodi addon, I thought there'd be more interest from the community.

Anyways, thanks so much to the developer and all the people at fanedit.org

No, it's not been updated. If you could code it would be great! :)

Wait, my bad, it does show and kind of work.
You have to go to the complete addons section under information providers and enable it before you're able to select it as a scraper.
It downloads the description and title but everything else seems to be broken.
I'll check if I can do something tinkering with the code, it's been many years since regex and this looks like klingon to me, but I'll give it a try.
I'll update here and try to get it to github if it works.

Back
Top Bottom