• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

STAR WARS: Rogue One

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Teaser is up!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome!

200_s.gif

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pitch perfect for me. I've been very excited about the idea of genre films in the SW universe and this teaser looks like they struck a great balance. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't too excited, but this trailer has got me excited. My wife and son both think it looks like crap, sadly, but this trailer completely won me over.

It manages to look like a new film and somehow convey the sense that it's a 1970s movie about outer space, coming out just before A New Hope. I'm not sure exactly how to define that, but the overall aesthetic just makes it feel like it really fits.

Also, great to see Mon Mothma again! I think that's the same actress who played her in the deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Also, great to see Mon Mothma again! I think that's the same actress who played her in the deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith.

You would be right.

IMDB - Genevieve O'Reilly

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been overly excited about this since day one, and I was almost afraid to see the trailer. But that lived up to my high expectations. So much awesome in that short video. I'd love to see a legit version of the leaked teaser from last year.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks even better than what I could imagine.
And I can imagine quite a bit!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At first viewing I thought the theme from Vader was here. But it was strangely the medals ceremony theme (throne room theme) playing like Vader's theme. (very end)

EDIT: Haha, in fact they play both themes together. Right? or am I imagining too much?

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The trailer caught me completely off guard. I never expected it to be so awesome. I was on the bus and people were staring at me as I giggled with joy. Was super stoked to see Mon Mothma, I agree with Tom H1138 that she looks like the same actress from the prequel trilogy.
Can't wait for Vader on the next trailer though, this trailer hints at him at the very end, like you can hear a fraction of his breathing apparatus before the frame cuts to black.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How - how - how do you have time for this and all the bugs here?
Pretty incredible.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Pretty incredible.

The real question is how do I have time for this, the bugs here (not that many), a full time job, and family time?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
At first viewing I thought the theme from Vader was here. But it was strangely the medals ceremony theme (throne room theme) playing like Vader's theme. (very end)

EDIT: Haha, in fact they play both themes together. Right? or am I imagining too much?
I hear only the Inperial March. It's A-A-A-F-C-A-F-C-A.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Pretty incredible.

I agree. For example, the "downvote" button at the bottom of your post is still missing. Fix it Q2!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My summation of the complaints I've read.

OH NO A GIRL. THAT’S TWO!!! TWO TOO MANY!!!
OH NO MARY SUE MARY SUE MARY SUE ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DO THAT GRUNT GRUNT RRRAHR!!!
OH NO TOO MUCH LIKE STAR WARS!
OH NO NOT ENOUGH LIKE STAR WARS!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
OH NO A GIRL. THAT’S TWO!!! TWO TOO MANY!!!
OH NO MARY SUE MARY SUE MARY SUE ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DO THAT GRUNT GRUNT RRRAHR!!!

I find this incredibly disturbing. Where were these people when all the protagonists were male FOR DECADES? I think it's cool that there are strong women finally being given a spotlight in stories like this, but ultimately I don't give a f*ck what the gender of the character is, as long as it is fitting.

That trailer was awesome. This movie is turning out to be the most anticipated thing in the history of all things for me.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll bet you can guess where I'm reading it.

To be fair, those comments are in the minority.  Most are stoked.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, I can guess (FTGs), but I saw an article today on that exact same thing and it showed several twitter posts (tweets?). I really hate humans sometimes.

I'm glad most are stoked. Honestly, after the PT fallout, I never in a million years would have imagined that I would be this excited for Star Wars again. I feel like a kid again.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree. Who cares what the sex or race of the lead protagonist is? As long as they do a good job and the story is entertaining I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom