• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Titanic: Q2 Extended Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Titanic: Q2 Extended Edition:

A top notch edit which does exactly what it set out to do and looks great.

A/V Quality - 10 - I watched the BD-50 and it looked spectacular. Looks just like my blu-ray.
Visual Editing - 10 - No jarring cuts, all of the deleted material is integrated seamlessly.
Audio Editing - 10 - Same thing, everything was seamless, the transition cues were well done.
Narrative - 9 - This is hard to score. I certainly wouldn't tell someone who's never seen Titanic that they should watch a three and a half hour version of it. There are a lot of superfluous scenes (and a couple clunkers - like the terrible 'ice' pun as the iceberg looms in the background or the alternate ending) BUT if you love Titanic and want to see it all in one place then this is perfect. Some of the scenes I would have preferred to keep in the theatrical cut but the narrative doesn't suffer at all from them all being included. It's just really long so I'd only recommend it to diehards. But if you've downloaded this, that's probably exactly what you're looking for.
Enjoyment - 9 - This was a really enjoyable edit. My wife and I are both huge Titanic fans and we've seen all of these scenes by themselves (or in SD back in the day) but we both thoroughly enjoyed watching this version. It'll go next to the original proverbially - I'd rewatch either depending on my mood/how much time I have.

Great job, Q2.

http://ifdb.fanedit.org/titanic-q2-extended-edition/discussions/8867/

Top Bottom