If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Bookmarks & Subscriptions
If you had bookmarks and subscriptions on the old forum we weren't able to to migrate them to the new forum software. We have decided that for a limited time we will open up the old forums so that you can find your subscriptions and bookmarks so that you can manually add them to your account in the new forums if you so choose. We don't know how long we'll leave the old forum up so better to do this sooner rather than later.

To access the old site go to: http://www.fanedit.org/archives/forums/forum.php
Sounds like a great idea; thanks! When I try to click on my subscriptions through my old settings panel, though, I get an error message redirecting to the new site saying that the page can't be found...am I doing something wrong?
Criticism is good. Suggestions are better.
ONGOING: Hebrides's Box o' Tutorials
(04-04-2016, 04:03 PM)hebrides Wrote: Sounds like a great idea; thanks! When I try to click on my subscriptions through my old settings panel, though, I get an error message redirecting to the new site saying that the page can't be found...am I doing something wrong?

Probably not. Since the old forums was moved not all the links function properly. I'll take a look and see if I can resolve the problem.
I tested the function and several of the admin did and it works for us. I also tested with a test account so it doesn't have admin privileges and it worked fine. What is the exact error?

Try clearing your browsers cache or try a different browser you haven't used with the new site to see if that resolves the problem.
Thank you, thank you, Q2!
I appreciate that.
Sure I'm not alone, either.
Thanks again!
well, there's a good test. Vultural, does it work for you?
Yes, it did work for me.
I even had an unread post to read!
Every still works fine, was able to access and note lists in my CP.
(04-04-2016, 04:18 PM)Q2 Wrote: I tested the function and several of the admin did and it works for us. I also tested with a test account so it doesn't have admin privileges and it worked fine. What is the exact error?

Try clearing your browsers cache or try a different browser you haven't used with the new site to see if that resolves the problem.

Clearing the cache didn't do the trick, unfortunately, and I only have Firefox installed on  this computer.

When I click on My Subscriptions, the link location is to a non-working IFDB page for Two Exits from Pan's Labyrinth. When I click on Subscriptions, the link is to a non-working page for X-Files: Exordium. Really not sure what to make of it...

ETA: Actually, check that: it seems that the links default to a different non-working IFDB page each time. I just tried it a couple more times, and they went to The Judas Breed and The Fifth Element: Prime Evil Edition. Curiouser and curiouser...
(04-04-2016, 05:03 PM)hebrides Wrote: Clearing the cache didn't do the trick, unfortunately, and I only have Firefox installed on  this computer. 

When I click on My Subscriptions, the link location is to a non-working IFDB page for Two Exits from Pan's Labyrinth. When I click on Subscriptions, the link is to a non-working page for X-Files: Exordium. Really not sure what to make of it...

ETA: Actually, check that: it seems that the links default to a different non-working IFDB page each time. I just tried it a couple more times, and they went to The Judas Breed and The Fifth Element: Prime Evil Edition. Curiouser and curiouser...

Strange it's working for everyone else. The only thing I can suggest is try it on a different browser and see what happens.
Interesting...I tried loading them up in Chrome, found them, and started resubscribing to a few in Firefox...and all of a sudden, they were all back! I'm not quite sure how that worked out either, but I'm glad it did...thanks again!