• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

How to Add IFDB Metadata to Your Plex Media Server

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How to Add IFDB Metadata to Your Plex Media Server

If you have Plex installed on your computer, you can have your fanedits populated with the metadata provided by IFDB thanks to member Tomfin46. The installation should take less than five minutes. This tutorial assumes you already have Plex installed and a basic understanding of how it works. Requirements Plex Media Server IFDB.bundle 1.) Download the IFDB.bundle from&#8230; <p class="more-link-p"><a class="more-link" href="http://www.fanedit.org/how-to-add-fanedit-metadata-to-your-plex-media-server/">Continue reading <span class="meta-nav">&#8594;</span></a></p>

http://www.fanedit.org/how-to-add-fanedit-metadata-to-your-plex-media-server/

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the IFDB/Plex plugin might be broken. It's not pulling up results for anything right now.

greenturnedblue

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ive been having some trouble with it too, most of the time it pulls everything but the poster, but for a handful of edits it cant match at all even if I copy and paste the exact name

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just added several edits this weekend and they all worked fine. I have, however, had the issue greenturnedblue mentioned. Some edits won't seem to recognize no matter what. I just copy-pasted from the IFDB page and move on in those cases.

jobj

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

Is this depricated?
I installed the plugin according to the instructions but I get 0 hits.
If I force a match en select the plugin, I get the reply "no matches were found using this agent"
If there is something I can help with, (butting in some time populating the list? or should it all be automatically?)

regards
Jobj

Last edited:

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It works for me pretty sporadically. I end up manually adding most edits.

greenturnedblue

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It works about 80% of the time for me, but never matches the posters (anymore. It used to always grab them)

jobj

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for confirming this, saves me a lot of search work and uncertainty.

OK, my collection is not jet THAT big, so that must be it.
For now, I do it manually as well, had some issues with my plex Media folder, which da plex as owner and the user data used to log in via the client is a different one, but that was resolved by putting both users in the plex user group.

Jobj

Top Bottom