If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Discussion: The new Digital-Fanedit
(04-03-2016, 12:53 AM)MWRK Wrote: I like the redesign and the logo, but I sort of miss the rotating banners and user flags. Any plans of reintegrating the features at some point?

The rotating banners were a pain in the ass. We have other plans to promote edits. Right now we're trying to work out the existing bugs, then we'll start working on extra features. Stay tuned.
You're an adult. Just cope.
Just had a little play for half hour or so and the site looks pretty good, and as the little bugs get ironed out things can only get better.

I guess the price of progress is change and if things didn't change then we would all be in front of our Windows 95 computers connected to the internet via dial-up Cry ........ congrats to all involved. Smile
Ha ha.  Like BBob, I had no idea there was an entire I'm With Bob industry.
Instead, I went bounding to his defense.
Again, as I wrote earlier in the thread - and in numerous PMs - I apologize if I upset of irritated anyone.
Families do suffer outta control members at times.

The new site is rockin' swift.
Meaning, I can move from one page to another, one thread to the next, pronto.
So, bravo.

Now, down in my CP, in OTHER OPTIONS, I can tick off "Show Friendly Redirect Pages."
Is that for live links, say to Huffington Post or The Sun?

Also noticed the bottom of the page no longer mentions not being affiliated with another site.
I've had some time now to digest the new changes here and I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.  Smile

In the spirit of helping those who are improving the site, might I suggest a unique thread just for bugs and/or site suggestions?
http://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=13388
Another color issue: The % of space used on messages notification is the same color as the background it's written on.

In my admittedly worthless opinion the default CCCCCC text color on posts really seems to create unnecessary eye strain against the dark gray backdrop. I think it would be much better for the default text color to just be white.
Site Suggestions & Bugs Forum: http://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=73
(04-04-2016, 01:41 PM)jerick Wrote: Another color issue: The % of space used on messages notification is the same color as the background it's written on.

In my admittedly worthless opinion the default CCCCCC text color on posts really seems to create unnecessary eye strain against the dark gray backdrop. I think it would be much better for the default text color to just be white.

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm going to respectfully disagree about color contrast and eye strain.  Contrast isn't the only variable for eye strain: high intensity also factors into high eye strain. We'll continue to make modifications to the theme, but we won't be switching to a complete high contrast format. If this isn't to your liking, you can try a number of browser font plugins to customize your experience.
???

Those aren't threads, they're forums.  And jerick posted a thread in the site suggestion one.
Any site suggestions or bug reports should now be made in the Site Suggestions & Bugs forum.

Thread closed to preserve our sanity.  Wink