• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Discussion: The new Digital-Fanedit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Commence discussion.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ALL HAIL DFE!!!!!!!! GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE FENAZIS!!!!!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
which way to the restroom?

whoa. . . check out the subterranean tunnels. (redundant term, i know.)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the art of the diaper change.
we iz all scientists now. :D

and all your analog fanedits are belong to MCP.

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This all sounded lke a big April fools considering that its April 1st and was done before 12pm but maybe not? Confused? 
PS yes I have read the whole front page and still dont quite get it!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lotrjjw said:
This all sounded lke a big April fools considering that its April 1st and was done before 12pm but maybe not? Confused? 

You probably don't know the history. digital-fanedits.com was another fanedit site that was created out of spite. The Admin over there hated originaltrilogy.com and fanedit.org and made his own little playhouse. He was openly hostile about us on his site. For example, if you tried to go to DFE through a hotlink from fanedit.org you ended up with an error message that said something like "FE Nazis not allowed" or some such wording. 

Sometime last year he shut down his site and walked away quietly into the night...

UNTIL NOW. Now he is our new overlord and YOU WILL KNEEL DOWN TO HIM.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A quick question to the new staff; Can I still drink fluids to stay alive? Should I post more posts or less posts? Can I still go tabogganing in the summer? What is the prefect universal reply to any forum post if I don't know what to say? Will there be field trips?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
A quick question to the new staff; Can I still drink fluids to stay alive? Should I post more posts or less posts? Can I still go tabogganing in the summer? What is the prefect universal reply to any forum post if I don't know what to say? Will there be field trips?

giphy.gif

lotrjjw

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
lotrjjw said:

You probably don't know the history. digital-fanedits.com was another fanedit site that was created out of spite. The Admin over there hated originaltrilogy.com and fanedit.org and made his own little playhouse. He was openly hostile about us on his site. For example, if you tried to go to DFE through a hotlink from fanedit.org you ended up with an error message that said something like "FE Nazis not allowed" or some such wording. 

Sometime last year he shut down his site and walked away quietly into the night...

OK I still have questions, but I guess I will have to accept I may not get the answers I want! like how did it actually happen and why?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
finally. I always knew it would happen someday. Is this the end? Gladly I see my life time ban (and with it the ban for all folks from Germany) has been revoked. Now where is that epic prequel edit Star Wars Prologue?... I have been waiting so long for it...

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Favorite part of the new site.....the beautiful simplicity of grey on gray text.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Billy Batson said:
:( Aw. I lost my Faneditor badge.  :(

We all have to go through DFE's rigorous quality check. In all honesty probably nobody will ever gain a faneditor badge again. THE ONLY FANEDITOR THAT EVER WAS AND EVER WILL BE IS ANTI-MATTER.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I'm guessing I get to keep my job because they liked one of my edits. Not sure if want... :-/

I'm thinking you are toast, as is every single MOD and Admin.
This is a calculated takeover.  Someone with a grudge and superb technical expertise is behind this.

There was a member - awhile back - who was an unappreciated genius here.
Eventually he departed, launched his own website with himself as MOD and Admin!
Alas, I cannot recall his name properly right now.  Something like Carson Dyer Smith (?).
That's my best guess who has masterminded this coup.

More power to him - Where do I get a refund for the last donation I made?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
lotrjjw said:

Ok, thanks. I didn't know the backstory either and didn't think to look at anything beyond the forum and IFDb for information.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
There was a member - awhile back - who was an unappreciated genius here.
Eventually he departed, launched his own website with himself as MOD and Admin!
Alas, I cannot recall his name properly right now.  Something like Carson Dyer Smith (?).
That's my best guess who has masterminded this coup.

More power to him - Where do I get a refund for the last donation I made?

That guy, whose name also escapes me at this time, was a speck of dirt compared to the brilliant Anti-Matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom