• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Robocop: The B&W Edition

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the idea to make a black and white version of Robocop i was doing some test also with that panavision widescreen
And man, it looks fantastic!
NOW i can do the edit i want and that was meant to be in the first place
No more bullshit about that color suit, and with that black and white stuff i can do anything i want
BUT, i want to work on it NOW.
The running time i have in mind is about a 90 minutes cut with of course the action and (human) Cain cuts of Robocop 2

Updates are coming up

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds cool, so what are your plans for the remake? And are you keeping the Robocop name for both?

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The name stays the same, i think ROBOCOP is good enough, but the most important thing is that i can put my first idea's in the original cut and that was not possible in the first edition
Cuts and all kind of things in the next update

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
At the moment i am working on a workprint that runs now about ( i think ) 80-85 minutes of this black and white edition when i am ready
I must cut some things together but as a whole this cut it is a full action packed edit
There are some inserts needed, because of the cropping to 2.35.1 but this is clearly a better cut then the earlier Extreme edition

Cuts and added scenes for now what makes the difference with the Extreme Edition

Black and White - 2.35.1 widescreen

Alternative opening.

- Murphy taken to the hospital (Same as Extreme Edition but now with no credits and other music overdub)
- Newsbreak is trimmed to some important things all the funny stuff is cut out
- Like the extreme edition is Murphy a loner, so all scenes of the Wife and Son is cut and he is working already in that police station this with some extra scenes
- There are many many little trims in scenes in the whole movie
- The Dead of Murphy in the shooting is a little bit trimmed ( of course the so called director's cut)
- There are a few more scenes in the build up of the Robocop
- There is no acquaintance between Murphy and Lewis, they already know each other
- After Lewis has the suspicion that Murphy is the Robocop, the scene where he has some flashbacks to the shooting then we have a newsbreak with the introduction of Cain
- From that point we are in the Robocop 2 footage and i switch then to R1 with the scenes of Jones and Morton also with the killing of Morton
- Also a lot of trims in scenes of the R2 footage and after Cain is caught we are back in R1 When Emil recognize the Robocop as Murphy by the gasstation
- From that point he reminds what Lewis has told him and then he goes after Boddicker and his gang

I am at the moment on this part.

But this black and white edition works great, and these where my first idea's when i was thinking of a Robocop cut
This works so great to me that i am in doubt if i wanna put this in a double feature with the remake

Any suggestions to put this in a DF or release only this one?:sad:

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just release this one by itself, in my opinion. It's short but who cares? It's two movies combined like Possession, Abducted and Lone Wolf so I think it should be on its own. Great cutlist!

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You right, i release this as Robocop the b&w edition
I use my earlier front cover like in the future projects thread
I think i work the rest of the week on this project but updates are soon enough

Thanks!

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first idea was to cut the Cain robo in this edit
 But because of some characters is that not possible
 So i put the Cain robo back in
 At the moment i have footage around the 85 minutes but of course this cut
 is gonna be longer, how long i don't know i hope to stay under the two hours

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After a long look at the robocop 2 footage i decided to make a short cut of this black and white edition.
It simply does not work to end with robocop 1 after the fight with the Cain robo
One reason is that Dick Jones is suddenly a long time out of the picture and there are many things that doesn't fit
The only solution is to make it back to back and that is not gonna happen 
I did that already with the extreme edition
The way it is now is (i think) the best
I have a workprint with segments of Robo 2 in one cut of the first Robocop with only Cain as human
So there is no Cain Robo
I think a DF of these movies is also a solution but not for now
The quality looks great in B&W and the 2.35.1 is suceeded and what we have now is a over the top action cut

This version runs 1 hour and 25 minutes and i could be that i make it a little bit longer
I must be filled with music and credits and i think next week this is ready

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is done

It runs 84 minutes.

I see this more as a alternative Robocop cut not a 2 in 1 combo
But call it what you like, it's finished
I think it's succeeded to get a full action packed edit with some footage of Robocop 2

The release is in the beginning of May

OIMVZL8.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to the completed section and edit added to ifdb.

Top Bottom