• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

JDownloader 2 Issues & an Alert

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am trying to get my fan edits from .info, but am having some issues finding the right downloading and unpacking client.

After installing JDownloader 2, I found it had installed a Yahoo chromium browser without my consent. I later learned that there have been reports of JDownloader being bundled with adware. So I ran Revo Uninstall and got rid of the program files (save for one .html file on how to remove the Yahoo add-on). So far, that has done the trick but I plan on running another virus scan.

Did anyone else have this problem with JDownloader? Are there any virus free clients that I can use?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Download direct from their site, uncheck all add-ons, and Bob's your uncle.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good suggestions, Frink and Q2.

What is left to do since I had the ad-ware version on my computer? Yes, everything is uninstalled and deleted, but stuff might linger.

In other words, is a trip to Geek Squad in my future?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't you have a good protection suite installed? Run some scans. Fix anything that comes up. Use the computer for a while and see if anything bad happens.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Run a virus scan and then Malwarebytes and see if either comes up with anything. If not then you're probably okay.

Sphinctone1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Strange,running nothing but Avast(free) and malewarebytes(also peerblock,with slightly adjusted lists) and have not had any problems with JD2! (The dot info site is another matter though! But that has nothing to do with Virus/maleware)
Between CCleaner and Malewarebytes (after UnInstall) I would think you'll be fine.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sphinctone1 said:
Strange... have not had any problems with JD2!

It's not strange... I think some people are just clicking any old dodgy looking link to download the thing, instead of safe ones such as Q2 suggested. My Malware programs have also had zero problems with the program.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also people don't pay attention and fail to uncheck the add-ons.

MiniMetroid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The official JD forum also provides an adware-free installer iirc.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whenever I try to download a fan-edit using jdownloader, it keeps saying invalid download directory, even though all the files are online and I can't figure out how to fix it.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
it keeps saying invalid download directory

It could because your "download directory" is invalid? Go to settings and see where it points to.

Top Bottom