• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fuller House

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone been watching this since it dropped on Netflix on the 26th? I've gotten through the first 11 of 13 episodes so far, and the series has just been renewed for a second season "coming soon".

The plot is basically an inverse of the original series' plot: DJ Fuller is a widowed mom of three young boys (one of which is a baby). She and her kids have been staying at her childhood home for the past year while everyone helps her through this difficult time. However, with Danny and Becky getting a new, national morning show gig, they have to move to LA; Jessie gets a new job in LA as well; Joey is moving back to Vegas to do his stand-up. The house is up for sale. However, visiting Stephanie (now a world-renowned music DJ named "DJ Tanner") decides to not return to the club scene in favor of helping DJ raise her kids. The soon-to-be-divorced Kimmy Gibbler decides to help out, too. Danny takes the house off the market. Steph and Kimmy move in, Kimmy bringing her daughter with her.

So, if it isn't obvious already, DJ is the new Danny, Aunt Stephanie is the new Uncle Jessie, and Kimmy is the new Joey.

In addition to most of the original cast reuniting in the first episode (the Olsens being the notable exceptions), they make sporadic guest appearances throughout the season. DJ's former boyfriend, Steve, also pops in from time to time, and they even brought back Stephanie's childhood friend, Harry (albeit now played by a new actor in his sole appearance).

I find the new series cute. It's nothing spectacular, but there are some good jokes (even if some of them are heavy-handed). Also, considering Candace Cameron's born-again-Christianness, DJ has the foulest mouth (erm, by "Full House" standards), calling her son a jackass and also saying "damn", and there's a surprising amount of gay (which is a good thing):
Kimmy playfully calls Stephanie "sister wife" and kisses her on the cheek (twice), DJ and Kimmy do a hot "Dirty Dancing" routine to "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" (sung by Stephanie with Macy Gray), and Steve and Matt (DJ's other boyfriend) accidentally kiss each other.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mark Moore said:
Anyone been watching this since it dropped on Netflix on the 26th?

Not I.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

My wife did. My 4 year old ran from the room screaming that it scared it. My only comfort to him was, "Me too, buddy. Me too."

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My wife forced me to watch the pilot with her. It was atrocious (she agreed).

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
My wife did. My 4 year old ran from the room screaming that it scared it. My only comfort to him was, "Me too, buddy. Me too."

I like that you call your son "it".

Top Bottom