• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Max Payne

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The best TPS-series is turned into a movie. Trailer:

Looks different, that's about all I can say :-?

i can´t watch the trailer at work. :(

so i just hope there will be lots and lots of bullet-time scenes (like john woo lots and lots)

:)

Finally got around to watching this one last night, and like most bombs, I had my sights set so low I enjoyed it.

Having played both games in the series I felt they did a good job with the movie in the same way I felt they did a good job with 'silent hill' and 'resident evil: apocalypse'. All 3 are mediocre films but are pretty faithful adaptations of the game.
as a stand alone film I can see where this failed to impress but if you have played the games its actually not too bad.

I have one major gripe, the film feels like it starts "already in progress" like we all missed the first 20 minutes and/or assumes we all just played the game last night and remember every detail. some more backstory and character dev at the beginning would have greatly benefited this one IMO

as it stands, the effects were decent, the atmosphere and cinematography were spot on the mood of the game, we just need more hamfisted noirish voiceovers and more backstory to have a decent max payne film.

if you have never played the games, 4/10 if you have 6/10

Back
Top Bottom