• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Audio conversion issue

FreeTime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

I'm finally to a point in my project where I had to use a Part II movie.

I've run into an audio conversion issue that I've not encountered with my other two movie sources.

I am using HeadAC3he to convert my ac3 to a PCM (i.e. wav).

The issue is this:

the movie file is 2:28:50 long, but the converted wav file comes out to only 2:04:12.

thinking it was a "bug" with HeadAC3he, I used BeSweet and xviD4 to convert the ac3 to a wav---all come out to somewhere around 2:04:12.

I've mucked around with a variety of settings with in all 3 of the above programs and each test conversion comes out about the same length.

Thinking it was a "glitch" in my original rip, I went back to the source dvd, using anyDVD HD [too bad that slysoft has closed down!], re-ripped the movie, re-demuxed the audio and did all the above again.

The result: 2:04:12 (approx.)

What am I missing here? :sad:

FreeTime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forgot to mention in the above post:

all 3 programs say that the input file (the ac3) is the correct length of 2:28:50 [the full length of the movie], but none of them are converting them to that length . . . .

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Try using eac3to to convert the audio to w64.

Code:
eac3to input.ac3 output.w64

If you need to downmix to 2.0, do this instead.

Code:
eac3to input.ac3 output.w64 -downDpl

Top Bottom