• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD Extended Integral Cut

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
until.square.png

WIM WENDERS' UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
EXTENDED INTEGRAL CUT + EXTRAS [FULL SD BLU RAY - BD50]

SciFi/Drama | 1991 | Germany/France/Australia/USA
Starring Solveig Dommartin, William Hurt, Sam Neil, Jeanne Moreau, Max Von Sydow...

At the dawn of a nuclear apocalypse, a woman runs into a mysterious scientist chased by the CIA. They want to confiscate a device which allows the blinds to see and dreams to be recorded. A wild chase around the globe ensues, between dreams, visions and reality.

This is the longest cut of Until The End Of The World ever released, incorporating all the deleted scenes, alternate shots and b-roll footage available, as well as some test footage. All the scenes have been color-corrected, re-edited and re-scored to make the transitions as seamless as possible. The end credits have also been completely redone. With over 18 mn. of added footage, this Extended Integral Cut intends to deliver a more complete and coherent version than the European cut, the director's cut or the original cut of the film. Note that this blu-ray presents the film in SD due to its length and mostly to the fact that the only HD release of this film, from which most of the footage could have been lifted for this cut, presents the film with a revisited color scheme and an overall terrible quality. The best source to be used was therefore the excellent 2000 Italian DVD box set of the film [presenting the extended cut with its original colors/tints, as well as deleted scenes and many clips used for this ext. cut]. A brand new audio mix has been created, using various sources (the original laserdisc release, the 2016 blu-ray, the 2000 DVD set). This unofficial blu-ray also includes over an hour of bonus footage, some completely unseen before.

BONUS MATERIAL
* U2 MUSIC VIDEO "Until The End Of The World" [4mn40]
* WENDERS IN ROME interviewed while shooting the film in Italy [9mn34s]
* INTERVIEW Wim Wenders, shot in 2000 [37mn35s]
* ORIGINAL TRAILER [1mn22s]
* THE WORLD IS STILL ALIVE Digital projections [4mn04]
* WIM AND SOLVEIG promo interview clips [1mn28]

SPECIFICATIONS
Format : Full Blu-Ray | BD-50 | SD
Size : 43,8 Gb
Video : h264 | .mkv | 720x576 | 25 fps | 4.000 kb/s
Audio : English 2.0 new mix | LPCM | 1.5 mb/s
Runtime [this extended cut] : 04:58:21
[director's cut : 04:40:21], [original cut : 02:59:45], [european cut : 02:38:10]

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was just wondering - how different is this from 295-minute Janus Films restoration that came out last year?

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A correction to your cast list above, it's "William Hurt" that stars in the movie, not "John Hurt."
This is pretty much my hands down favorite movie, ever. I have the Italian set and have often thought of trying to incorporate the outtakes but the task seems daunting. Kudos to you for the effort. I'd love to see this but a 44g download.....

Would it be possible to post a clip on YT or vimeo of one of the scenes that you did using the outtake collection? I'd really like to see an example of what you did with it.

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neosmith said:
I was just wondering - how different is this from 295-minute Janus Films restoration that came out last year?

The restoration that came out last year was 276 minutes long, not 295. This is an extended cut, including many deleted scenes and alternate shots, as explained in the main post ;-)

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
regularjoe said:
A correction to your cast list above, it's "William Hurt" that stars in the movie, not "John Hurt."

Oops, major typo, corrected ;-)

regularjoe said:
Would it be possible to post a clip on YT or vimeo of one of the scenes that you did using the outtake collection? I'd really like to see an example of what you did with it.

There you have it, 3 short clips :

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing those. If you ever do just a plain mp4 version of this (or something along those lines) I would be delighted to see it all, a d/l of the size of this one as it currently is would just be prohibitive for me, too much happening in my real world to oversee such a d/l in the virtual one. I've watched the deleted scenes on disc 4 of the Italian set and scratched my head over what to do with them. How long approximately did it take for you to make just the movie portion of this?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why do you need to oversee a download?

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My apologies, poorly worded. Try not to hog the bandwidth try to d/l at times so it doesn't chew up all of our bandwidth and be considerate for the rest of the people in my household We have unlimited internet or so our provider says but that isn't the case. A lot of the time, particularly on weekends we may as well have dial up.

comixfactory

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you so much for putting this cut together! Is there a chance that you have uploaded the Blu Ray Cover Inlay somewhere? I can´t find it here (or maybe I am just on my stupid eye today...)

Red41804

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will there be a new version of this cut using the new Criterion Blu-Ray as the main video source, as well as AI upscaling for the extra scenes?

Top Bottom