• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Splitting 5.1 AC3 for editing.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm trying to split a 5.1 ac3 file into 6 seperate wav files, so that I can edit them all in a linear audio editing program (cakewalk). I've been trying to get Hypercube to do it, but it hangs up at 50.73% everytime I try. What other programs would work for this?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks boon. I don't think that cinematize is available for windows. I've been trying to figure out this besweet stuff for a while now, anyone a pro with this program?

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reave, I've never had a problem with Hypercube, unless I was trying to split 2.0 into 5.1. Strange. Do you have it set for 6 mono wav files and "Native Processing" instead of DirectShow?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have cinematize pro. It is available for PC.

sithlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello reave!

I have been using BeSweet for a while and this is how I use it for that kind of conversion:

1. Download and unzip in the same folder BeSweet 1.5b31 and BeSweetGUI 0.7b4 from the beta page here: http://besweet.notrace.dk/
2. Start BeSweetGUI.exe (I don't use the wizard).
3. At the right select Output to PCM (WAV / AIFF).
4. Select your Input AC3 file and the Output file at the top left.
5. Now mark the AC3 /OGG /PCM button at right for more settings.
6. Under the PCM section select WAVE and 16bit (Six) Mono Waves.
7. Start the conversion with AC3 TO WAV button at right.

When the conversion is finished you should find 6 files in the output folder named filename-C, FL, FR, LFE ,SL and SR.

Hope this helps you, and good luck!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for all the help guys! I ended up trying a shareware version of AC3tools Pro, and it worked extremely well, and was very easy to use. I wouldn't use it enough to warrant buying it, but if any of you need a good tool for splitting or joining 5.1, I would recommend this program.

Unfortunately, I didn't find what I wanted to find when I split the files :( DAMN YOU LINKIN PARK!!! :evil:

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I'm having trouble with hypercube, and Besweet... Hypercube says AC3 not supported, and Besweet doesn't do anything after going through all the steps provided... Any ideas? And yes, Hypercube is set for 6 mono wavs, and native processsing.

sithlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi mrbenja0618!

In BeSeet, is you input file marked Valid at the bottom in the Select Input window?
Does the coversion start at all?
I don't really know why nothing is happening if you have followed my steps...

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In BeSweet's file selection dialogue, you need to double-click to select a file.

slasherman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi I'm new here and I just got a question about Splitting 5.1 AC3 for editing. Is the music often on all 6 Mono Waves or is it often just on 2 or 3 Mono Waves ? How does the 6 Mono Waves usually come out ? Does it happened that the music is on all 6 Mono Waves ? I hope not cause I am thinking about doing a fan edit pretty soon and removing all the soundtrack on it...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finally tried out besweet to turn 5.1 ac-3 to wav. Great! Easy to use and much quicker than cinematize pro.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
I have finally tried out besweet to turn 5.1 ac-3 to wav. Great! Easy to use and much quicker than cinematize pro.

haha, about time ;)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:

I told you its better to be "sweet" :D

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've found using VLC and Audacity works well. It's a two step process but you get flawless WAV files for each track.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello

I have separated an AC3 clip into 6 mono files, did some audacity sound editing and all that... still getting around to it being perfect... what I want to ask right now is: can anyone tell me how to join them back together into a VOB/AC3? On a lightweight program if at all possible?

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
havok1977 said:
Hello

I have separated an AC3 clip into 6 mono files, did some audacity sound editing and all that... still getting around to it being perfect... what I want to ask right now is: can anyone tell me how to join them back together into a VOB/AC3? On a lightweight program if at all possible?

I did the searching and answered my own question:
http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/ac3-tools.html

Top Bottom