• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Movies Sound Effects Only Channel

x4103x

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can anyone help me with getting a clean Sound Effects only channels from all 6 Star Wars movies ? Or are there any out there already for sharing ? If this is the wrong place for something like this I apologize

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
annlorris said:
Thanx for that discussion

The link is broken because of a software upgrade to the website some time ago, but if you use the forum's search function and search the name of the thread from the link you'll find it's still around.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
there are quite a lot of sound clips/bites from the star wars movies and lots of other movies on (www)moviesoundclips(dot)net

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Random [/font]
Extracting sound effects is almost impossible most of the time on the Star Wars releases.
That said, I have 257 Star Wars sound effects without music on my PC. (original trilogy and prequels)
I can't remember from were I got them, I suppose it was an official source, like a book with a CD perhaps, so I guess I can't upload them and put a link on this forum (?)
But if they released those sounds officialy it's surely for people to use them!
Admins thoughts on that? Can I put a link with those sounds here or should we keep it by PM?

EDIT: just realized the topic is pretty old, lol, but it can be useful anyway.
EDIT2: That (www)moviesoundclips(dot)net site seems to have all the sound realized on the official Star Wars site some years ago. Maybe the ones I have also are there I'll check it out. (checked and... a lot of their sounds still have music on them... some okay ones can be found)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In fact I found all the 1121 sounds files from the Star Wars soundboard (official site) on my PC (a LOT of dialogue lines in those, plus some vehicles sounds)
That plus the 257 files from the CD of the book "The Sound Of Star Wars" (mostly not human sounds) makes it up to 1378 Star Wars sounds.
Plus the good ones that can be found on (www)moviesoundclips(dot)net.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No links to downloads here. And since it is probably officially released, it would be better to post the source info and where it can be purchased.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About "The Sound of Star Wars" Book, I found it on various sites, like amazon.
the author is J.W. Rinzler with Ben Burtt as contributor.
Be sure it is sold with the CD with the actual sounds on it.

About the 1121 Star Wars soundboard clips, it seems the "soundboard" with the sounds is still on the official site, but I can only see and play two sounds (Leia "short for a stormtrooper?" line, and Luke "You're gravely mistaken").
Weird, because it looks that they say that the soundboard mixer is still there, only I can' really see it. I guess you have to buy a phone application of something like that to have acces to it now?

http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-soundboard

Top Bottom