• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Of Oz the Wizard

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is bananas. Eat your heart out, [MENTION=5012]none[/MENTION].

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/7/10728184/wizard-of-oz-alphabetical-order

So basically, it was edited in Excel.

SmoothBlandBasilisk.gif

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And I thought I was wasting time on the computer....

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, just wow. I watched about 2 minutes before it got completely annoying. I'm going to politely say it certainly isn't my cup of tea.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact that he took the time to write some code to help him in his efforts and then go about splicing everything together all based on a dare.....

I'd hate to see what he'd do if someone said "go screw yourself."

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I'm all for people making the edits they want to make, but I see no merit in edits like this. There is no intent, there is no audience, there is no narrative, no story. It's literally butchering a film to tiny pieces and leaving the pieces for someone else to find. It seems like the product of a mental disorder rather than a labor of love.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Yeah I'm all for people making the edits they want to make, but I see no merit in edits like this. There is no intent, there is no audience, there is no narrative, no story. It's literally butchering a film to tiny pieces and leaving the pieces for someone else to find. It seems like the product of a mental disorder rather than a labor of love.

Did you read the interview with the editor? He goes through his inspiration and intent. The over 272,000+ views his edit has so far (although, I'm sure very few watched the whole thing) and the several articles written about it is the audience. And the way he describes Wizard of Oz - the detail of the background scenes and in the sound mix and such - it's clear that this was a labour of love.

Although having said all that, I'm pretty sure the guy's a little nuts.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
The over 272,000+ views his edit has so far ... is the audience.

This video has 88 million views and counting.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Did you read the interview with the editor? He goes through his inspiration and intent. The over 272,000+ views his edit has so far (although, I'm sure very few watched the whole thing) and the several articles written about it is the audience. And the way he describes Wizard of Oz - the detail of the background scenes and in the sound mix and such - it's clear that this was a labour of love.

Although having said all that, I'm pretty sure the guy's a little nuts.

I didn't go through the whole article, no. I just skimmed after reading the basic summary. And I won't hold anything against anyone who does, or the editor, or viewers. That said, I will not even attempt to watch it, it sounds like something I would not enjoy at all and I was trying to convey how confused I was/am that the edit was even conceptualized, let alone executed. I see these sort of edits as a weird corner of the fanedit community and I've accepted already that I am just never going to understand them. My apologies if I offended you or anyone else with my personal opinion.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

Be it genuine adoration or slowing down for a car crash, many horrible things have an audience.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

[Rebecca Black "Friday" video]

Half of them you, no doubt.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Be it genuine adoration or slowing down for a car crash, many horrible things have an audience.

My point exactly.

I watched a few minutes, I don't know why anyone would watch more than that.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Half of them you, no doubt.

Please. Let's do a little math here. Roughly 4 minute video. 44,000,000 x 4 min = 176,000,000 minutes / 60 = 2,933,333 hours / 24 = 122,222 days / 365 = 335 years.

Oh shit, I'm just old enough for that to work.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Please. Let's do a little math here. Roughly 4 minute video. 44,000,000 x 4 min = 176,000,000 minutes / 60 = 2,933,333 hours / 24 = 122,222 days / 365 = 335 years.

You're not factoring in the 100 computers you have running simultaneously, with each watching it on repeat.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't watch Friday on my PC, dummy.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
My apologies if I offended you

Not at all. I was just pointing out that the interview answered most of your issues.

TV's Frink said:
My point exactly.

I watched a few minutes, I don't know why anyone would watch more than that.

Yes. Mine too. Like it or not, there's an audience for this, even it it's made up of people like yourself (and me) who just watch a couple of minutes of it.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've gotten to the Cs so far. I downloaded the edit and will watch it in full sometime.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suppose phase 2 would be to edit Dark Side of the Moon in alphabetical order to overlay.

Top Bottom