• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The World is Yours. A Scarface Edit

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My edition of Scarface (1983)

One of my favorite movies, but it can be shorter.
So the intention with this cut is to trim the dialogue and scenes to keep the action more in front
I start to work on this today and the release is in january

The running time and the list of cuts are coming up when it's ready.

Awesome! My favourite thing about someone doing a Scarface edit is that now I don't have to do one myself.

I've been meaning to give this film a 2nd chance but the runtime always discouraged me. So I will def. be checking this out. Now that I can finally watch Conan thanks to that shorter edit someone made, I have a good feeling this will be the same.

If you wanted ideas for extra features, you could try cutting a video for this Stephen Lynch song from the film:

Maybe drop the Montana part and just call it "The World Is Yours"

At the moment busy with my Scarface cut
I know now for sure that this print has a running time of 118 minutes
So this is 52 minutes shorter as the original
The music of Moroder stays the same but in some scenes i use the music of Cliff Martinez.
Martinez was responsible for the music in "Drive"
Great music that i use for this edit

There is also music overdub in Montana's last stand the end shooting
I made some test clips with the same music in that scene only i made it a litte bit slower
Man it works great, it gives an extra impact to the violence
I rerecorded the shotgun that was used at the end when Montana is hit in the back to give it a extra blast
I did that also in Revenge aka Martyrs with the shotgun the girl used to blow away that family

Well, the cuts are coming up in the next update

^ Cool poster! Dig the colors a lot. Is the red bar wider than the black bar? I'm on my phone but it looks that way a bit.

Well, if a shorter runtime wasn't enough to get me hooked, music from the movie "Drive" will definitely do it. Anyone here who's seen my contributions in other threads regarding score music knows my obsession with 80's inspired synth.

Update of my Scarface cut:

The running time is now approx 1 hour and 56 minutes.
So a few trims more

Cuts (for now)

Opening scene is trimmed, Castro is cut.
Interrogation of Montana is trimmed, also trimmed is freedom town with the Rebenga hit
The beach scene is cut, buying a Porsche is cut.
The music clip Push it to the limit is cut.
The beginning in Bolivia is trimmed.
I cut some scenes of the Babylon club.
There is a lot of slight cuts to pull up the story, like dialogue between Manny and Gina and the Mother of Montana.
The Bathtub scene is cut.
Restaurant and New York scene is trimmed.
There are some lines cut in the end shooting.

LIke i said, music overdub of Cliff Martinez
After the christmas days i put the last straws on it

Releasing in the first week of january

maniac51 said:
Releasing in the first week of januari

As measured by the samurai calendar.

This edit is done
There are no more cuts as mentioned before

It's a 4.43 GB from a 17 GB workprint

AC3 sound M2TS format

I used my metal case blu-ray that was released a few years ago
When i saw it on the big screen i was happy that it all worked well and it's is a real faster cut

Well, like i said is the release in januari but if you want to see it sooner send me a pm

I absolutely loved this edit. It's very well edited and AV is perfect. It's an almost perfect cut of Scarface. I had three small issues with it, nothing major:

1. You could have cut even more. Do we need Elvira at all? I think she could be cut from the film altogether and nothing would be lost.

maniac51 said:
There are some lines cut in the end shooting.

"Some lines cut". You cut the most iconic line in the film. And I don't really see why.

3. The end credits list the director as "Brian The Palma".

Haha That is a joke, i always mentioned him as "The Palma" because he is one of my favorite directors.
Like "The master" John Carpenter.
I know what you mean by that line, but this cut must be different from the original so the most famous line is cut, also of the fact that i want the end shooting a little faster, with the music overdub it has some "pull up" to the violence
First i was thinking of a 90 minutes cut, but on the other hand it was too short, so it was a idea to cut more of Elvira out but i want that music of Cliff Martinez in it and fore some reason it's perfect by Elvira at some scenes
So finaly it was 1 hour and 56 minutes

Back
Top Bottom