• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Hobbit: Part 2, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I watched part 1 and part 2 last night, here is my take on the overall movie.The Good:pacing: I feel like pacing has improve with these edits vs the original film. Less 'goofy' and 'cartoon' cuts which help shorten the movie considerably. Even though some scenes were required because without them it will mess the continuity.Characters: The love triangle was taken out completely and cut down scenes of "Jar Jar binks" was a huge positive. Though personally I liked the dynamics of Azog which was reduced in this cut.Plot: Followed very similar to the original cut. no comment. Music Mix: I really hope that it would used more of the original score from LOTR but other than that it was nicely integrated with the scenes. The Bad:Flashback: Some of the flashbacks drag a little too long, especially when Bilbo 'remembered' he got the stone. When Thorin started to show his dragon sickness, it was unnecessary to show Smaug. Overall: Solid Edit and enjoyable!

More...

Top Bottom