• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scream Queens

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone here gotten into this show? I watched the whole first season (and really hope there's no season 2) and thought it was hilarious and ridiculous and the perfect logical next step for slashers after the Scream movies (I still have not seen Scream 4 or the MTV series but hopefully you get what I mean). It's definitely not scary at all and the gore is more silly than shocking but view it as a comedy rather than a horror show and all that is forgiven. The finale was probably the weakest link of the bunch but every other episode had me laughing out loud. Apparently it was made by the creators of Glee, which surprised me because I couldn't get through more than an episode or two of that show. This is no Glee.

Dean Munsch(Jamie Lee Curtis), Chad Radwell, Denise Hemfield(Neicy Nash from Reno 911, and also probably the best character on this show), and Chanel Oberlin -plus her sorority gang, all of whom go by Chanel plus a number rather than their actual names- were all great. I kinda hated the main character Grace because she played the "straight man" of the group and came across super inconsistent and boring. Anyway, great parody of slashers with a lot of legitimate actresses from slasher films and horror in general, plus some high profile celebrities eager to do some self-parody. The cops were utterly useless and the depiction of sorority and fraternity behavior was pretty much how it always seemed to me from the outside (I'm still glad I was never interested in so-called "Greek life" but not necessarily because of the show).

I'm curious what you all may have thought. Since the show just ended, let's try to keep it spoiler-free or use spoiler tags in case anyone wants to see it but hasn't yet... Apparently it did not get very good ratings.

It was fun to watch these series.
It's no Hannibal or The Dead Walk but it's always good to see Jamie Lee Curtis in that kind of (horror) shit
I am not really a fan of comedy horror but for me it was good, nothing more

I enjoyed it but the wife and I just kinda stopped watching it. I generally love Murphy/Falchuk and I didn't think it was bad, it's just that the style of humor didn't really land for me. It had some moments but just got lost in the shuffle of Fargo/Mad Men/ Bojack Horseman/Transparent/etc for me.

It was a lot more interesting than American Horror Story this season, which is also done by the same creators of Scream Queens. I was cracking up every time The Bangles started playing.

It wasn't bad. I'm glad they toned down the spoof humor as the show went on, cause it was really over the top at the beginning. The ending was a complete letdown though. And once a certain plot point is revealed it's obvious who the second Red Devil Killer is. I don't know what you liked about Denise Henfield [MENTION=11366]addiesin[/MENTION]. I couldn't stand her. Definitely my least favorite character on the show.
I really wish they had killed her off. I don't know why they didn't.

It's a comedy, and she was hilarious and over the top. The most hilarious, in my opinion.

Not funny. Annoying. And her being over the top made her even more annoying in my opinion.

Frantic Canadian said:
Not funny. Annoying. And her being over the top made her even more annoying in my opinion.

I see we follow different roads on this journey.
But I do agree that the final episode was a huge let-down, when overall the show was pretty high quality.

I did enjoy the last ten minutes of the last episode, I just really hated the
time jumps,
like wtf was that even for? Ruined any suspense and just made the scenes with Hester going through her plan drag on and on

addiesin said:
I see we follow different roads on this journey.
But I do agree that the final episode was a huge let-down, when overall the show was pretty high quality.

I did enjoy the last ten minutes of the last episode, I just really hated the
time jumps,
like wtf was that even for? Ruined any suspense and just made the scenes with Hester going through her plan drag on and on

I'm with you on the time jumps. I really wish somebody else had been the second Red Devil Killer. This whole time you're expecting her to be the killer because of how she is, but you don't really think she is, cause she feels like a red herring. But when it's revealed that there were two babies in the tub that night it's obvious that it can't be anybody else.

Back
Top Bottom