• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Hobbit: The Spence Edit, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was the first Hobbit fan edit I've watched but I loved it. All of the decisions to cut things for the most part were on point. I hated the love triangle and I'm so glad it's gone now! Music was too loud at some points and dialogue couldn't be heard but that's a small point. The ponies probably could've been cut if you had used another scene of them traveling on foot or something. When they get to mirkwood just use only scenes with no ponies or something. Anyone that was the only plot hole. Also would've loved to have scene the scene with Thorin giving Bilbo the mithril since it is a nice moment. Also, would've liked to have seen Bilbo actually pick up the Arkenstone. Other than these points however I loved it and thought you did an excellent job. Nice work and this has officially taken the place of the hobbit trilogy for me!

More...

Top Bottom