• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2016 movies!!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well the end of 2015 is fast approaching, so I figured I would start a new thread for upcoming films for 2016.

THE GODS OF EGYPT

Directed by Alex Proyas of Dark City fame.

On one level it has the cheesiness of Wrath/Clash of the Titans and the old Sinbad movies, which I freely admit to enjoying.
On another level, it might be Prince of Persia all over again...which was unwatchable garbage imo. And wow, ancient Egypt sure is white! lol

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm. The movie looks kinda silly, but I have tremendous respect for Alex Proyas.

I'm looking forward to Cap. America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse, Star Trek Beyond, and Rogue One (the Star Wars spinoff).

I saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding this year for the first time at my wife's recommendation, and I have to admit I liked it. I don't know if it needed a sequel, but I'll keep an open mind about it.

I wish I could say I knew of some film that wasn't a sequel that I'm looking forward to. I'm really starting to enjoy more offbeat films like Primer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. However, by their nature, those films are hard to know about in advance.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2K16 movies I'm excited for, in no particular order:

X-Men Apocalypse
Batman V. Superman
Finding Dory
Zoolander 2
Deadpool
Suicide Squad
The Jungle Book
Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
Ride Along 2
Neighbors 2
Amityville: The Awakening
Sausage party
Fantastic Beasts and where to find them
Central Intelligence
The Brothers Grimsby

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By Osiris that 'Gods of Egypt' trailer looks terrible. I'm starting to think the inclusion in a movie of any actor 'who is primarily known for being in Game of Thrones' is a near guarantee of it being full of suck ;-) (e.g. Terminator: Jenny-Smith, Pompeii, Hitman: Agent 47).

"2oolander" looks like it could be great from that trailer's selection of jokes. "La-may" priceless :lol:.

Apart from anything Star Wars based, I'm probably looking forward 'Deadpool' the most.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer for Duncan Jones' Warcraft movie...

...I found myself laughing out loud at several moments but I don't think it was supposed to be funny, I think it's supposed to be deadly serious. Shame as I loved DJ's other movies.

The cast for this movie looks insanely good...

It looks kinda like 'Fast and Furious' for adults. Directed by John Hillcoat, who has 3-for-3 fantastic movies to his name so far.

I'm luke warm about the trailer for this remake...

Please don't let it suck, the original TV show is a comedy institution.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This could be intriguing.... MIDNIGHT SPECIAL..

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RED BAND trailer for Shane Black's new movie, the writer of Lethal Weapon and writer/director of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I'm sold! :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love Shane Black and this looks FANTASTIC!!! I really hope his Destroyer project is still moving forward, as this trailer perfectly captures the delicate balance of humour and violence that adaptation requires. :)

shane-black-destroyer2-740x400.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON 2, coming to Netlflix in February....

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
interesting that went straight to home video, though going through netflix makes that route sound not as bad/cheap/shameful. it's likely that a netflix debut decreases distribution costs, compared to a wide theatrical release. (although there seems to be a limited imax release in the works.)

if the sequel's any good, i might have to mess with it. :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm greeting that 'Crouching Tiger' trailer with deep suspicion. Putting aside that the trailer music choice is just dreadful... The first film was in Mandarin, so hearing the characters speak in English is just wierd. The film looks really cheap which is down to the lacklustre direction, bland TV cinematography, the heavy use of cheap CGI and I imagine budget. The original movie looked really expensive with gorgeous location scenery and live-action stunts.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
interesting that went straight to home video, though going through netflix makes that route sound not as bad/cheap/shameful.
My understanding is Netflix financed and greenlit the film. The limited run is the additional factor, the release on Netflix was always the distribution model planned.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, shit—you're right. This movie's in English. I can't subtitle that.

and the fantasy world's continuity is jacked up if they switch from Mandarin to English 15 years later. (unless the British arrive a few centuries early!)

Hard to say from the trailer whether the story will have the emotional depth of an ang lee production (which this isn't), or whether it comes down to chasing and chasing the macguffin blade.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First teaser for Spielberg's The BFG

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As some of you may know, I am a hardcore Edgar Rice Burroughs fan. I LOVED the movie John Carter.
I have watched almost every movie and tv incarnation of Tarzan, and I am still waiting for Hollywood to get it right...

...will this be the one???? ;)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I got mad about the first one until I went back and watched the old movies. I then realized that TMNT movies were always terrible and for kids. I can't say anything in the third one was better than that trailer. Plus when I finally watched the one from a year or two ago it was with my nephew and he loved it. It was actually the moment I stopped being mad about all these terrible versions of things I grew up with, realizing that the versions I loved were mostly terrible and I'm not the target audience anymore.

TL;DR - Yeah, it looks awful.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ I thought that looked pretty fun actually. Maybe it's just Run-D.M.C. making me like it, or I've gone insane or something.

Top Bottom