• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Raiding the Lost Ark:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another labour of love by Jamie Benning and must see for Indiana Jones fans. Imaginative blending of Raiders real-time footage with interviews from numerous sources, as well as pop up comments and screen comparisons. The documentary is dense with information and may necessitate multiple viewings. The edit itself is incredibly well executed, it feels seamless. Video - 1280p. This is currently available in several resolutions and I would urge the viewer to seek the highest level possible. Image quality is all over the scale, depending on source materials. Outtakes are often fuzzy, production or home movies are passable. Editing is skillful throughout, and there is strict adherence to chronological sequence. Note - Bitrate Viewer indicated PAL format. Audio - 2 channel stereo. 157 Kbps. Excellent job of layering uncounted sources. No subs, though there are fact pop ups during the entire doc. Preference given to voiceovers. Quality varies, though everyone is comprehendible. Possible exception being Harrison Ford, especially the later interviews. His voice does not always seem properly miked or he mumbles. Not a major issue. Enjoyment - Over the top. There is a generous wealth of details, untold stories, missing scenes to thrill all fans. Two that come to mind: 1) Early on, after Dr. René Belloq gets the gold, fertility statue, the Hovitos take it away from him. 2) When Indy and Sallah consult the imam, he warns them not to touch the actual ark, nor to open their eyes if it is opened. If I got started, I could rattle off dozens more. Yet my details would not be nearly so enjoyable nor memorable as Raiding The Lost Ark. This is truly a wonderful companion to your DVD. Get it. Updates for Database - The edit is 143 minutes (2 hours, 23 minutes) long, not 243 minutes (four hours +). Editor Jambe Davdar is now going by Jamie Benning.

More...

Back
Top Bottom