• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Natural Born Killers: The Tarantino Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having not been a super fan of the original film and this being my first viewing of a Fanedit, I was at once, curious, cautious and open-minded to the experience. I like Tarantino, but I also happen to like Oliver stone. It has been a while since I last saw the OS version of the film and after watching this, I can't really imagine sitting through that one again.At 56 minutes, it seemed closer to the running time that this type of film really actually warrants, maybe a 70-75 minutes would have been perfect. My thoughts are that I think it would be fairer for someone who hasn't seen the original to review this properly because having a knowledge of the original, means I was able to go past any narrative short-cuts without feeling like I was missing out. I wonder what the experience would be like for the uninitiated? I found it to be fun, inventive and with some genuinely inspired moments, although the ridiculous cartoon acting by usually great actors such as Robert Downey Jr (I'm thinking/ hoping the accent is purposely terrible) and Tommy Lee Jones, still does not show either of them in a good light and there was nothing the editor could have done about that. Interesting experience though, very good. Thanks for the hard work TheCuddlyNinja.

More...

Top Bottom