• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wanted

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forget the Wachowski Brothers, I am so Timur Bekmambetov's bitch.

Have you guys seen the full trailer? Wow.
What surprises me more is I've never heard of the graphic novel it's based on.

Anyway for some reason Apple is playing silly buggers with the so called "Red Band" trailer. You have to join iTunes to see it. If there is interest I have the trailer in 1080p and can post it somewhere.

I've been reading Night Watch and even if the movies HAVE butchered the books, they're still riveting.

Now who do we have to bribe to get Timur to direct the live action Ghost in the Shell movie.

DoctorM said:
Forget the Wachowski Brothers, I am so Timur Bekmambetov's bitch.

Have you guys seen the full trailer? Wow.
What surprises me more is I've never heard of the graphic novel it's based on.

Anyway for some reason Apple is playing silly buggers with the so called "Red Band" trailer. You have to join iTunes to see it. If there is interest I have the trailer in 1080p and can post it somewhere.

I've been reading Night Watch and even if the movies HAVE butchered the books, they're still riveting.

Now who do we have to bribe to get Timur to direct the live action Ghost in the Shell movie.
Watched the redband trailer on youtube already. Yeah, it looks really nice. The only thing I disliked in the trailers was the shooting the wings of the flies part. But I liked the rest! Can't wait to see this movie. Already read the synopsis of the comics on wikipedia. I don't know where they are heading with with this movie, but it looks very nice.

Yeah, I just took a look on Wikipedia too. I'm betting they're going to try to rehabilitate the character into some sort of moral-grey-area hero.

That worked well for Catwoman. :)

Ive back from cinema......Really cool movie! I had as much fun watching it as Shoot'em up and Planet terror! Great twist in middle of movie (I wont spoil it for you).... I think new genre is born, guys, but I dont know how call it..... absurd-comedy-gore maybe ;) ...I like it and I want more :D

The weirder elements of the movie, such as the flies, are a part of the original graphic novel. Ironicly, fans of the comic are pissed because Angelina Jolie doesn't wear fox ears. (The original character she plays was based on Halle Barry, and wears fox ears... thank goodness they didn't cast her. It'd be Catwoman jokes throughout the whole movie)

My main reason for seeing this will be for the weird story, Timur's directing, and Konstantin (Anton from Nightwatch) as The Exterminator.

T-HOPE said:
The only thing I disliked in the trailers was the shooting the wings of the flies part.

Nothing to do with the movie or trailer, but that comment reminds me of a joke.

Guy is trying to find the world's greatest swordsman. Ends up in Japan talking to samurai warriors. He meets the third best swordsman and asks for proof. Samurai catches a fly, lets it go again, swings his sword and the fly falls to the ground in two pieces.

Impressed, he asks who the next best swordsman is. Goes to him. This guy catches a fly, lets it go, swings his sword twice...fly falls to the ground in four pieces.

Still, he wants to know who the absolute best swordsman is. Goes to him. This samurai catches a fly, lets it go, swings his sword and the fly continues on its way.

"Wait. The other guys cut the fly into two pieces and four pieces...you didn't. How does that make you the best swordsman?"

Samurai: "That fly will never pee again."

Back
Top Bottom