• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

happening

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched this movie today and.....WTF? Can someone explain this movie too me? What's the point? Is shyamalan geting dumber? :shock:

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have really had it with shyamalan's movies lately. Sixth Senxe was great, the rest kept getting more and more annoying and dumber. The Village, Lady in the Water, the Happening, they are all shitty.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen it and won't be seeing it either. I hate his movies. I thought The Sixth Sense sucked, Unbreakable wasn't any better, Signs was okay but I haven't bothered with any of his movies after that. He's just a one-trick pony and I'm surprised that people keep getting sucked into seeing his crapfests.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I haven't seen it and won't be seeing it either. I hate his movies. I thought The Sixth Sense sucked, Unbreakable wasn't any better, Signs was okay but I haven't bothered with any of his movies after that. He's just a one-trick pony and I'm surprised that people keep getting sucked into seeing his crapfests.
Well, that's to good trailer marketing. The trailers for his movies are always really exciting. Far more exciting then the movies themselves turn out to be. So bless the great trailer editors who made trailers for his movie. Thanks to them, shyamalan's movies make money in my opinion.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But the question remains:

"Is... it... faneditable?" :roll:

Grievous Angel Draven

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No. The cockroaches in my bathroom could make a better film than Shamalongadingdong.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jay Sherman said:
No. The cockroaches in my bathroom could make a better film than Shamalongadingdong.

JaySherman.jpg

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
Frantic Canadian said:
Well, that's to good trailer marketing. The trailers for his movies are always really exciting. Far more exciting then the movies themselves turn out to be. So bless the great trailer editors who made trailers for his movie. Thanks to them, shyamalan's movies make money in my opinion.[/quote:3drcm9h5]

You'd think though that people would wise-up to this and realize that the trailer may look good but the movie's going to suck. When are people going to learn?

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And to answer a previous question, no, I really don't think it's faneditable. The premise is so awful and goes completely unexplained. Unless he's got some really great deleted scenes for the dvd, I don't think you could edit this into anything anyone would want to watch.

I'm all for trying to fix a disaster, but this movie wasn't monumental enough of a failure nor exciting enough of an idea to really deserve an attempt. It's just...stupid.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, although the common consensus seems to be that this movie was just bad, I have to say that I really enjoyed it for the most part. The trailer gave away way too much unfortunately, but still I found the entire scenario deeply terrifying. Is it faneditable? I am not sure. Will I try? Probably: yes.

The pro side:
- people stopping, getting nuts and killing themselves.
- the park scenes
- the mood ring
- the old lady
- the sets
- Mark Wahlberg

The contra side:
- overacting
- over-the-top suicide scenes (lawnmower and lion)
- the wind
- Zooey Deschanel
- too short and no real intro
- bad US happy ending

It was a bad movie, no doubt, but I could not get it out of my head for several days and was seriously frightened, when watching it and became a bit sensitive the 2 next days, when I walked my dogs at night. So, although I was not really happy, it did have an effect on me, which I have to respect it for.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched this and I have the same reaction as voodl. wtf.

boon, i command you to move Mark Wahlberg to the con side. He was terrible in my opinion. Though I agree this had some cool elements (people stopping, getting nuts and killing themselves, the park scenes, the mood ring, the old lady) there was too much bad and no plot really to support a good edit. G O O D L U C K

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought Marky Mark was terrible in this stinkbomb.

I gave it a chance on dvd because I hated the village and passed on Lady in the water but actually liked it [lady] when I finally saw the dvd.

so I gave this one a go and damn if it wasnt the worst movie I have seen in a long time.
Leguizamo was the only standout (oddly enough) and while usually like Zooey, she was just something pretty to look at this time around.

killer trees huh :wat:. would have been better if they were able to roam the land dispatching humanity with their branches of doom.

shya...shama...not gonna work here anymore.

Top Bottom