• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Judgment Day. A T1 and T2 fanedit

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This week i'm gonna work on this edit.

Judgment Day, a two in one Terminator cut of T1 and T2
This edit must be a full action packed edit, a rollercoaster like a train that can't be stopped.
Well, i hope i can do it, with the Robocop cut i was disappointed that my first idea's didn't work.
But, i have fate in this one that it all comes to an end that is satisfying enough for me.

I saw Terminator Genisys here in Amsterdam, a nice action movie but with a sad feeling i watch it.
Arnie is getting too old for this shit and also that they made him some kind of a comedian.
Too much jokes, and the Sarah Conner in this movie well, i can't get used to it.

T1 and T2 where the best in these series so this is a serious cut with no fucking jokes or whatever.
Maybe this cut is ready in December, it's a lot of work and i want to do also a Double Feature of two one hour cuts.
I think that will do it for the end of this year.
The running time is around the 2 hours or longer, at the moment i really can say that but don't give me that crap that it is too long if it runs longer then 2 hours.

The cuts and the final cover is coming up, and i'll update this if there is something new.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac51 said:
This edit must be a full action packed edit, a rollercoaster with no boring scenes at all.

So....what qualifies as a "boring scene" in either of these movies?

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The credits, no, i'm only kidding. Well, you know what i mean, there are no boring scenes of course, but this edit must be faster in action then the originals.
So i cut a lot in dialogue that is not important for this edit.

NewSpock

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How do you plan to bridge the 13 years or what between T1 and T2?

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It begins with T2 in 2029, then i go back to 1984, where it all starts, and then Connor is around the 12 or 13 years old so the story goes further 13 years later.

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In my T2 fan edit I trimmed a lot between the hospital escape chase scene and the cops arriving at Cyberdone (that particular portion of T2 has no action whatsoever, save for Sarah firing her guns at Dyson). However, in order to not lose any continuity or plot holes, I think I was only able to remove a total of like 5 minutes.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
5 Minutes? well, i will see about that.
I am busy at the moment with a rough workprint of T1
It runs now 1 hour and 7 minutes with all the action and story complete
The cuts in this for now:
Credits and openingscene is cut
I trimmed some scenes of the garbageman in the beginning
When Arnie walks to the three assholes there are no lines as "washday tomorrow" and "nothing clean"
This guy is a machine, so he is straight to the point, so no repeating of those stupid lines.
Hamilton arriving at work is trimmed, the chase scene with Biehn and the cops is slightly trimmed, to give it some faster action.
Arnie steals a car, (trimmed) and taking the guns are edit together.
The dream of the future war of Biehn is cut, also some not important scenes of the girlfriend of Hamilton is cut.
Arriving of Arnie at Hamiltons house is trimmed and i do that with more scenes to give it a faster pull up
Some not important dialogue is cut
There is no "I'll be back" at the police station, like i said, he is a machine, he wants Connor dead, so ask nicely "can i see Sarah Conner please" in NOT in this cut.
I edit that a little different.
There is a alternative opening from T2, the war scene a little trimmed.
There is music overdub from T1 T2 and T3
This workprint is satisfying enough for me, but there is a lot of work to do, so until the next update.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last two days i put my hands on a rough cut of T2.

Running time: at the moment 1 hour and 47 minutes.
This is from the extended cut of T2.
The hospital scene with Hamilton is totaly recut.

There are slight cuts in many scenes also in dialogue.
There are scenes cut with Dyson.

The first segment of T1 runs now 1 hour and 8 minutes with the opening of T2.
It was stupid to think this could be done in two hours, no way, i think this would be a ride of 2 hours and 50 minutes.
I must put the two segments together and the exact running time well, i don't know, here and there are some more cuts but not that many.

The extended cut T2 runs 2 hours and 36 minutes so this cut runs about maybe 15 minutes longer, so i don't have a problem with that.
If Kill Bill 1&2 runs 3 hours why not the Terminator?
That running time was not what i have in mind but cutting in down much shorter then you have plotholes so big like the ass of my mother in law

Well, the way i look at it these rough cuts i think this could be a nice over the top action cut, and that was my intention for this edit
Also an alternative ending, i liked it very much, if you put these two movies together with that final ending.

This will be the last combo of 2015, next year i'll do two or three more Chainsaw, Hostel, and Wolf Creek but i have a lot of fun
with the Double Features series i have in mind so plans and idea's enough.

Next week i clean this up, then work on the music and credits, and if everything runs well in the beginning of December is the release.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
that is very awesome cover, your skills are getting better and better.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to see that horizontal line in the middle blended away, if that makes sense.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What do you mean with "If that makes sense"

For the folks who don't like the first cover, here is some alternate cover without the horizontal line.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
or like this.
2s1oz1u.jpg

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great, you removed the line very nicely on this cover.;-)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think next week this cut is ready.
I am still editing to give it the final touch.
Exact running time in the next update, because there maybe are some slight changes.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is done.
The running time is approx 2 hours and 50 minutes.
it's a full action packed edit just the way i had in mind.
The first Terminator is cropped to 2.35.1 in the same ratio as T2.
AC3 Dolby.
Some music overdub of T1, T2 and T3.

Trims/ cuts: T1

Opening scene credits are cut
Garbageman is trimmed
Terminator arriving is trimmed
Walking to the three assholes the dialogue is trimmed
Police chase of Reese is trimmed
Conner arriving at work is trimmed
Shooting the first Sarah Conner is trimmed
Girlfriend of Conner is at some scenes trimmed or cut
By the shooting at Tech Noir when the Terminator gets shot he stands up much faster as in the original
Some dialogue between Conner and Reese is cut
There is no time to interrogation Reese at the police station because the Terminator attacks it
So the interrogation with that asshole Silberman is cut
The attack at the police station is recut, no "ill be Back" or "can i see Sarah Conner please" That is bullshit.
The second chase at the end of T1 there are some trims with the truck
When the skeleton smashing the door he push his way in so that is a little trimmed
Last scene with Conner in the jeep is cut

T2

I used the apocalyptic nuclear scene (dream of Conner) as a bridge to go to T2
The hospital scene with Conner is recut
The dialogue between Conner and Silberman is trimmed
Some scenes with Dyson and the T1000 is cut
Police attack at Cyberdyne is a little trimmed
There are NO learning lessons from John Conner to the Terminator
That bullshit that he must laugh and say things as "no problemo" and "hasta la vista baby" is cut, forget about it.
Also that the Terminator refuses to pick up Conner at the hospital is cut, there is no way that Conner leaves his mother at the hospital so that conversation is cut
The scenes that Connor says to the Terminator "you can't kill everyone" is cut because i think that this Terminator is not on a rampage as the first one, so he kills only when it's necessary
At the end of T2 there are some things trimmed and i was planning to use the "happy ending" when you see Sarah Conner 30 years later, but NO that make up of the old Sarah is not realistic so i let that go

Well, like i said it was fun to do, i hope the Terminator fans like it, IF you wanna see it of course and the plan is to release it in the beginning of December.

darleth

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really want .... when can we enjoy your work ?. Looks amazing.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you read the post right before yours?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Made a cover for this one:

Judgment%20Day%20BD.jpg

based on art by deviantart user rcrosby93

Top Bottom