• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Two favorite Back to the Future films

Which are your two favorite BTTF films?

• Back to the Future

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • Back to the Future, Part II

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Back to the Future, Part III

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It hasn't entirely gone away, sure, but it's a heck of a lot less likely than it was in the '80s. And I've got no sympathy whatsoever for those who don't support gay rights or think a decent society could let a family go bankrupt due to a freak illness they couldn't have done anything to prevent.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
^ It hasn't entirely gone away, sure, but it's a heck of a lot less likely than it was in the '80s. And I've got no sympathy whatsoever for those who don't support gay rights or think a decent society could let a family go bankrupt due to a freak illness they couldn't have done anything to prevent.

I don't disagree, but I also have no sympathy whatsoever for those who make fun of people battling progressive diseases that destroy the central nervous system.

Now, let's get back to talking about our favorite BTTF movies before the moderators get angry...

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:

Get off your white horse. I would discuss the political nature of this, but I hate stupid political discussions. Not going to happen on my watch.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm fine with keeping the discussion largely politics-free, but don't be hating on my white horse. It's a good horse. ;)

And I didn't intend to mock either Fox or Lloyd. Both their comic timing rhythms seemed not as quick as they were thirty years ago, for completely understandable reasons, and all I meant was that if either one were still as quick as they used to be, and the other not, that the live-performance awkwardness TM2YC observed might have been very much greater. Thirty years ago, they bantered with great speed; now they banter with somewhat less speed, but their timing is still complementary, and that contributes to the feels of seeing them reprise their characters. That's all I meant, no mockery or disdain intended, and I'm sorry for my juvenile language. Now, yes, by all means let's move on.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No explanations are necessary or requested. This was sufficient:

Gaith said:
I'm sorry for my juvenile language. Now, yes, by all means let's move on.

The next post better be about someone's preference for 2 out 3 really fun movies.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, one thing I love about 2 that nobody ever talks about because lame things like hoverboards, flying cars, and sports.

The Hydrator. The logical next step after the microwave. It's lazy cooking even for a lazy person.

98QohUbsig3W8.gif

What I've always wondered is what is it about hydrading something that makes steam come off it? Is it hydrated with steam? That seems like it'd be too slow.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
What I've always wondered is what is it about hydrading something that makes steam come off it? Is it hydrated with steam? That seems like it'd be too slow.

Well, I would guess that in addition to hydrating the compact food, it also heats it up or cooks it. So.. heating up moist objects produces steam. Step 1: hydrate. Step 2: heat them shits up (water conducts heat better, so in theory a hydrated meal should heat faster).

Not that this machine is at all a good idea, but I don't think the visuals were far off here.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my favorite was BttF 4.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
my favorite was BttF 4.
Dude, Safety Not Guaranteed was pretty decent, but not better than BttF good. ;)

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone seen this rare BTTF2 video? It was posted on November 13, 2010. From the video's description:

"BTTF.com has recently uncovered a copy of the complete video monitor footage from the 'Biff Tannen Museum' scene in Back to the Future™ Part II which Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) watches at the museum's entrance while he's looking for answers about his father's demise.[sic]

This never-before-seen clip is an extension of the material we briefly see on film, featuring some elaborate glimpses into Biff Tannen's (Tom Wilson) ill-gained rise to fame and power in Hill Valley.

The 3½ minute segment was digitized from an old VHS tape which had been saved by a Back to the Future fan with family connections to the film production at the time the sequels were shot in 1989-1990. To date, the following clip is not available on any other commercial collection, including the recently released 25th Anniversary Trilogy Blu-ray Disc and DVD boxed sets."

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I've seen that. It's awesome and hilarious. I would love to include that in an edit at some point, but I haven't figured out how yet.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The USA Today prop newspaper from Part II:

latest

And the actual wraparound cover from Thursday, October 22, recreated by USA Today:

back-to-the-future-newspaper-700x1367.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Iron Man footage is a bit obvious and lame (I'm sure there's lots of grungy 80s movies that would have fit even better), and attributing the fake movie to Zemeckis instead of making a joke was a missed opportunity, but on the whole, this is pretty cool:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Somehow I missed much of this thread despite posting in it, so I'm gonna just repeat this sentiment:

ThrowgnCpr said:
I can't believe this is a real poll.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
This could have easily been "Does ANYONE really like the third BTTF film?" with one choice "No".

The third Back To The Future is 5 times better than Back To The Future Part II

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
addiesin said:
This could have easily been "Does ANYONE really like the third BTTF film?" with one choice "No".

The third Back To The Future is 5 times better than Back To The Future Part II

I'd say 10 times. Or 20. Possibly even 30.

Top Bottom