• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Two favorite Back to the Future films

Which are your two favorite BTTF films?

• Back to the Future

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • Back to the Future, Part II

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Back to the Future, Part III

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which are your two favorite films in the BTTF trilogy?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Primer and Looper. But Frequency is a close third, but it doesn't have people actually travelling from one period to another.

Also Terminator.

Wait, what was the question? :p

This could have easily been "Does ANYONE really like the third BTTF film?" with one choice "No".

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ummm I'm that one guy that LOVES BTTF 3. Before you throw stones at me, or at the very least punch me into a pile of manure, understand that as a kid growing up a super fan of the wild west and westerns with Clint Eastwood that BTTF 3 was like my dream if I had a time machine. That and well one of the greatest things of the BTTF trilogy is the hover board which literally saved Doc at the end.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BTTF3 is a cool movie and a nice way to end the story, it totaly has its place in the trilogy. But even if I like the little sweet romance with Doc and the lady teacher, it can't compete with the total fun of the first two.
I must add though that since it's the one I watched the less, it's probably the one I'd like to watch now if you'd ask me what BTTF movie I'd like to see.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I can't believe this is a real poll.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

jg0qb0nkifmlgxjxkhs5.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
BTTF3 is a cool movie and a nice way to end the story... I like the little sweet romance with Doc and the lady teacher

That's the reason I love BTTF3. It's a heart-warming film about love and friendship... with some time-travel involved. The original BTTF is also a heart-warming film about love and friendship... with some time-travel involved. BTTF2 is just lots and lots of time-travel... so it's my least favorite :p... super-fun no doubt but hollow in comparison to the two bookend movies.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, 2 is my all-time favorite BTTF movie. Possibly all-time favorite sci fi movie, period. As a child, it inspired so much imagination, I still think about how awesome the future looked and how fun the time travel hijinks were.
1 was a groundbreaking, genre-busting, giant hit.
2 was my favoritest for reasons already stated.
3 was a western with BTTF characters and some joke callbacks. Not bad, but to me, hugely disappointing after coming off the high that is BTTF2.

The very idea that others feel differently than me on this is offensive. Not really. That's my 2 cents though. :)

I might even like the old Universal Studios Ride better than 3

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Man, 2 is my all-time favorite BTTF movie. Possibly all-time favorite sci fi movie, period. As a child, it inspired so much imagination, I still think about how awesome the future looked and how fun the time travel hijinks were.
1 was a groundbreaking, genre-busting, giant hit.
2 was my favoritest for reasons already stated.
3 was a western with BTTF characters and some joke callbacks. Not bad, but to me, hugely disappointing after coming off the high that is BTTF2.

I might even like the old Universal Studios Ride better than 3

I feel similarly about #3. I don't hold BTTF2 quite as high, but 3 just felt tacked on. It was a fun movie, but yeah, it felt like a family western, featuring BTTF characters.

The ride was my second favorite BTTF movie ;)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first is of course the best, but though I haven't watched them in ages, I'd have to call II my favorite because it's the one I remember enjoying most - there's very little of Lorraine's icky (narratively genius, of course, but still icky) hitting on Marty, the future and "Hell Valley" sequences are both awesome in their own funny and creepy ways, respectively, and the replay of the 1955 scenes is just insanely fun.

There's some good stuff in III to be sure, particularly the 1955 opening and the Doc/Clara romance, but there's also a whole lot of just plain stupid, from 1955 Doc thinking a 1950s-movie cowboy outfit is at all historically accurate, the magic teleportation from real-world Monument Valley, Utah to wherever they shot 1885 Hill Valley, the sudden and frankly off-putting casualness about guns that has no precedent in the first two movies, and all those huge, gaping plot holes. (The most glaring of which: if Clara was supposed to die in the ravine, letting her live and settle in Hill Valley could easily lead to her or her descendants erasing Doc or Marty from history altogether, thus causing a paradox that could destroy the universe.)

So, yeah, tonight, my favorite vote, as opposed to overall best vote, goes to II. :-D

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My only beef with BTTF 2 is that when old Biff goes back to 1955 and gives young Biff the Almanac, old Biff shouldn't have returned to the 2015 he left since he created caused the timeline to change. Just sayin'...

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first is so good that I usually just consider BTTF a single film, rather than a trilogy (hence why tomorrow, when movie theaters everywhere are playing trilogy marathons, I'll be going somewhere that just shows the first). I don't think it needed sequels but I don't mind that they exist.

BTTF II is not a perfect film but it does take the time travel element and really run with it, which of course makes for a lot of fun. I'd definitely say that's the best of the sequels. BTTF III is fine but mostly forgettable. If it was the first in a series of Marty and Doc travel to different time eras, I probably wouldn't mind. But as a conclusion to the trilogy it feels too low key and unnecessary.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
That's the reason I love BTTF3. It's a heart-warming film about love and friendship... with some time-travel involved. The original BTTF is also a heart-warming film about love and friendship... with some time-travel involved. BTTF2 is just lots and lots of time-travel... so it's my least favorite :p... super-fun no doubt but hollow in comparison to the two bookend movies.
THIS! BTTF is definately the odd one out. It's just downright nasty compared to the other two (I mean the Hell Valley stuff, Marty's Dad dying, Doc Brown committed - it's just too much. As an example, my kids did *not* enjoy no.2). It didn't feel as much like BTTF as it should have.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By the way we are, today, october 21 2015... how time flies.

3217050.jpg

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be seeing all three films at the theater tonight, so I might be able to vote in the poll after. I haven't seen the first film in ten years and Parts II and III in more than that.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is kinda neat. Sorry it's also a commercial.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poll fails without The Reality Cut.

Top Bottom