• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Lord of the Rings: The Journey to Mordor, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The idea of isolating a single storyline like Frodo, Sam And Gollum's, seems simple enough. But having watched samspider3's edit, it's apparent there are a lot of subtle but necessary adjustments to make for a well-flowing journey. And samspider3 has done it superbly. It's remarkable to see how much the experience has changed by simply focusing on a single story - but I found a new appreciation for these characters has the three defined leads.One scene edit in particular I appreciated - near the opening to RotK, with Frodo and Sam camping in a cave-like architecture - has been moved to a slightly later point. Considering that the previous scene chronologically sees Frodo and Sam at a high-point, imagining the stories that will be told of their journey - cutting to the menacing mood in the above-mentioned scene would break the flow somewhat (something that flows perfectly well as Peter Jackson's two separate films). There were some odd moments towards the climax of the two films where glimpses of the other characters would be shown - but I feel like efforts to remove those shots completely may have just felt patch-worked. And it's evident that samsspider3 has consciously included certain shots to make those cut-away's feel most natural. The only real issue I had was the volume balance. I found that the audio was sometimes too quiet or too loud.But apart from that, a great watch for anyone wanting to enjoy these films in a new way.

More...

Top Bottom