• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

D-DAY : The Beginning Of The End

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
D-DAYSmDVDCover.jpg

D-DAY -The Beginning Of The End

Tag - Experience the terror of June 6th 1944 first-hand

Name - D-Day: The Beginning Of The End
Original Film: The Longest Day
Film Studios: Darryl E. Zanuck Inc. 20th Century Fox, Paramount & DreamWorks
Editing: Mollo
Original Film Release:1958, 1962, 1977 & 1998
FanEdit Release - May 2008
Original Runtime - 2 Hrs 48 mins
New Runtime - 1 Hrs 20 mins

DVD Features: Menu and Scene Selection, PAL

Footage

The Longest Day
The Young Lions
A Bridge Too Far
Saving Private Ryan

Conceptual Improvements/advancements of edit over Original

This is an attempt to create the feel of what it must have been like to be an Allied soldier during the Normandy Landings on June 6th 1944.

This FanEdit is strictly a POV from the Allied perspective and takes place during the course of one day. I have tried to create a documentary feel to the action and so all German POVs have been cut (including interior machine gun nests and German establishing shots). This was done to show only what an allied soldier might have seen during the conflict.

I have removed all music but for the opening and end credits.

The difference between the hand held footage of Saving Private Ryan with the more static and conservative approach of The Longest Day is evident but I hope I have inter-cut the two with as much seamlessness as possible but I will let you be the judge of that.

D-DayBeginningStills.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

this sounds very good. downloading atm but it's been stuck at 99.8% for the past three days. ;[

Back
Top Bottom