• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween - The Devil's Eyes

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My cut of Rob Zombies Halloween
This cut combines Halloween (2007) and H2 (2009) together
I think Zombie put some good remakes on his director's list, but Carpenters movie is a whole lot different in style and music.
Like i said earlier, i don't like the characters in those remakes except for McDowell as Loomis and Forsythe as Ronnie
What also bothering me is that Meyers looks in H2 as Jesus Christ.
I stay under 2 hours with this cut, there is a lot of cuts in H2 for example i cut out the white horse and ghost appearance of Mommie
For me was that quite irritating
Also the actor who plays Michel in H2, well, that is a sweet little boy with no deadly eyes at all so you don't see this guy in this edit
Completely miscast i think
The actor who plays Michel in H1 is very bizar and has the looks of insanity.
After the first murders Michel says nothing at all in this edit so from that point he doesn't speak.
As usual a lot of cuts in "hold up" bla bla scenes.
I was very curious to see the cut "Halloween - The Final Cut" but i don't see it coming but my cut is slight different i guess
There is music overdub from Carpenter's Halloween, it was a lot of fun to do this by The Following so i give it a second shot.
Of course this release is in October
I start to work on this next week

your covers are getting better, not to say your covers were bad, I dont want to give that impression.
Just paying a compliment,
Looking forward to seeing how different this edit will be compared to previous edits that combined both films.

I really like the idea of your edit being under two hours, and also getting rid of the horse and the young Michael from H2. I dig ghe cover...except for the fact that it DOES feature young Michael from H2! :)

i look forward to your edit.

haha, yeah i know, but on this cover he comes out pretty well, but not in the movie.
I used this picture because you don't see his eyes and the moment that he's gonna wear the halloween mask was for me the decision to use this as the cover.

At the moment very busy with this one
I have a lot of fun with this cut and old Mikey
I think this is gonna be a nice halloween ride for almost 2 hours
The first plan was to use music of the original of Carpenter, but i use a selection of all the halloween movies in this.
It's a tough one this cut but i like it very much for the moment
Update is coming up.

This edit is going well.

There are many cuts in this

The relationship between Loomis and Meyers is really cold in this edit.
So there's a lot of cuts in this
Meyers is a psychopath, he is crazy, that's it, so the "why and how" and the black and white tapes and soundrecordings are not in this edit.
Loomis his introduction is in the sanatorium, not in the school of Meyers.
I think it was better to put Loomis his intro after the first murders and not in the school because of a dead cat in his locker.
All this shit is cut out and also a lot of cuts in dialogue.
Like i said earlier, many music overdubs in this, i use some segments of other Halloween soundtracks but also of Prince of Darkness and The Fog.
In the scenes with Laurie, Annie and Linda a lot of cuts in dialogue between those bitches.
White horse and Mommies ghost crap is not in this edit, because i can't stand it when i saw that in the original.
The first book of Loomis is not in this edit, only the second book, so his second book is in this cut his first.
There is not much attention of this book in this cut, only the important things.
I saw many edits before of those movies, i liked them all, but my edit is a real slasher cut, not with the intention to make it better, but to make my "own" cut
I think this is a nice sadistic Halloween ride for almost 2 hours with the action and horror on top.
At the moment very busy with the music.

This edit is finished next week.
The release is in the last week of October.
Well, i hope the halloween fans like this cut, i was not simple to put this in the way i wanted it, but it's done in the way i wanted it to be.

Have fun for those who watch it. ;-)

I finished the music of this edit yesterday

This edit is done, there was a few things at the end i did re-cut because for one minor second you saw mommie in her white dress
This is a cut the way i like to see it, i used 1 hour and 10 minutes of Halloween 1 , and about 50 minutes of Halloween 2.
At the moment i upload this to mega, and like i said the release is at the end of October.

Good luck with this one maniac51... were you able to add the music easily? Did you have to do any sound replacement work? Just intrigued is all ;)

No, not replacement stuf, i like to do a mix of added music with the original sound.
Mostly it works, so i think it works also in this one.
The added music was not difficult to do but the cuts in dialogue was hard work.
If you have a conversation between two men and you want some lines out it's always difficult to cut this in the way you want it.
I did that many times in Robocop and the remake of Book of the Dead
I worked 3 weeks steady on this cut, 5 days and some nights a week but i am glad it's over now
I must say it was with pleasure of course , but after this cut i was real tired.:-o
Well, i hope you are satisfied with your cut now, don't change too much at the last moment because it can work the other way
if you know what i mean:)

This edit is released ( i think) next week but if you want to see it sooner send me a pm, because it can take a while before it's on faneditinfo.

just watched this edit.
Very well done overall, the only thing I might have removed was young Michael killing the kid after school.
also this is the first time I noticed the reporter, and how he in correctly described the murders.
Judith wasnt naked in the hallway. Ronnie wasnt stabbed in the face,

That kid in the beginning at the school was a real asshole.
He deserves to die.
And by the way, i never cut in graphic murders.
The only thing i cut was that he puls the drawing of his mother out of his pocket.
In this version Meyers keeps beating over and over until he is dead.
There was not any face stabbing on Ronnie , but i think that was cut of the original print, or they never filmed it.
I am glad you liked it;-)

Back
Top Bottom